(Temp) Archival Digitization Specialist, Ancestry – NY
Job DescriptionWorking as a document/archival preservationist for Ancestry requires a technical and computer literate individual who ideally has previous experience working with digitization, archival documents, and/or goal oriented production projects. Qualified candidates will also be detail-oriented, organized, and accustomed to working independently in an environment that handles focused and repetitive tasks which requires a logical balance of efficiency and accuracy. This opportunity requires the contractor to work within the normal business hours of the office and, as such, is not a work-from-home opportunity and will be paid $13 hourly.
- Capture digital images of documents as specified by the company
- Perform quality audits on each roll that is scanned before transmission
- Report progress and quality audit notes according to the tracking system outlined
- Enter data into spreadsheets and other software
- Initiate and maintain responsibility of the delivery or transmission of images to corporate office for processing
- Troubleshoot basic problems with hardware, software, and image quality
- Perform regular equipment maintenance functions, as well as coordinate for machine maintenance/repair with third-party hardware service providers
- Perform basic image enhancement and file organization tasks
- Maintain professional relationships with business partners that protect image and mission of Ancestry.com
- Maintains high standards despite pressing deadlines; regularly produces accurate, thorough and professional work
- Able to manage multiple projects, able to determine project urgency in a practical way; uses
- Anticipates problems; gathers information before making decisions; analyzes current procedures for possible improvements; notifies supervisor of problems in a timely manner
- Demonstrates knowledge of techniques, skills, equipment, procedures and materials. Applies knowledge to identify issues and internal problems; works to develop additional technical knowledge and skills
- Photography, Library and Archives, or History background/experience preferred.