Click on a job that interests you, then scroll down to read the description.
- F/T - Taxonomy & Metadata Sol'ns Mgr, AMC Networks...
- Librarian I, Marketing & PR, Johnson Pub Lib (NJ)
- (Temp) Records Specialist (Bernard Nickels and Ass...
- Library Applications Specialist, Queens Lib (NY)
- F/T - Contract Administrator, RR Donnelley (NY)
- F/T - Research Analyst, Ogilvy (NY)
- F/T - Archivist, Anti-Defamation League (NY)
- P/T - Adult Svcs Librarian, White Plains Lib (NY)
- Coll'n Assessm't & Analysis Lib, Columbia U (NY)
- F/T - Manager, Prospect Research, UNICEF (NY)
- P/T - Part-Time Librarian, NY School for Med'l and...
- SEO Manager, Precise Leads (NY)
- (Temp) Archival Digitization Specialist, Ancestry ...
- Copyright Researcher, Christie's (NY)
- Sr Product Mgr, Scopus-Elsevier (NY)
- Head of Southampton Library, Stony Brook U (NY)
- Researcher/Data Analyst, Bioethics Int'l (NY)
- Knowledge Manager, Spotify (NY)
- Mgr, Knowledge Management, J&J (NJ)
- Sr Mgr, Competitive Intelligence, Am Standard (NJ)...
- Market Research Analyst, Brandwatch (NY)
- P/T - Entry Level Librarian, Bay Shore Lib (NY)
- F/T - Multimedia Rscs Specialist, Stony Brook U (N...
- (Temp) Metadata Specialist, LAC Group (NY)
- Researcher (Kforce) (NY)
- Research and Info Assoc, MetLife (NY)
- Sr Digital Asset Librarian, Merck (NJ)
- Competitive Intel Mgr, BCBS (NJ)
- P/T - Queens Library at Queens Museum Project Coor...
- Temp - Reference Librarian (Custom Staffing) (NY)
- Assoc. Dean of Public Svcs, Montclair State U (NJ)...
- Dir. of Prospect Research, SLC (NY)
- Asst., Systems Librarian, Global Brands Group (NY)...
- P/T - Ref Librarian, Half Hollow Hills Lib (NY)
- P/T - Librarian, New York Institute of Tech (NY)
- (Temp) Records Management Specialist (Adecco) (NY)...
- ▼ February (36)
- ► 2015 (283)
- ► 2014 (470)
- ► 2013 (467)
- ► 2012 (315)
- ► 2011 (169)
- ► 2010 (235)
Friday, February 19, 2016
The Anti-Defamation League has an immediate opening for an experienced, full-time archivist at its Midtown Manhattan headquarters. ADL is one of the foremost civil rights organizations in the U.S. and has over a hundred year history. (www.adl.org)
The archivist will acquire, manage, preserve and make more accessible documents and other materials of historical significance, with special attention to digital initiatives. The archivist will also assist in long-range planning for the extensive ADL archival collection.
· Create a strategic plan for the ADL archive, setting forth long-term goals and short-term objectives.
· Identify parts of the archive that have special research value and/or historical importance and develop plans for their care and accessibility, including digitization projects if appropriate.
· Arrange for efficient indexing and retrieval of documents, in accord with best professional practices.
· Oversee consolidation and elimination, if necessary, of some kinds of materials in the archive.
· Conduct archival research for ADL staff and the public upon request.
· Supervise and train archive interns and volunteers.
· Conduct training for ADL regional and national staff in managing their archival materials and on sending them to be stored at the national office.
· Master’s degree in library/information science with specialized course work in archives management. Certified Archivist (CA) or Certified Records Manager (CEM) preferred.
· At least three years’ experience with archives management in positions of increasing responsibility.
· Please send your letter and resume to Marianne Benjamin, Manager of Library and Archives, firstname.lastname@example.org.