Taxonomy and Metadata Solutions Mgr., AMC Networks – NY
Under the direct supervision of VP of Media System Solutions & Compliance, the manager of Taxonomy & Metadata Solutions is responsible for developing and implementing effective media taxonomies and metadata solutions for AMCN programs which serve to drive viewership through search functionality which results in the discovery of our shows on all platforms (Linear, On-Demand, TV Everywhere, iTunes, Etc… ultimately driving viewership.
The manager is also responsible for ensuring that all business data pertaining to AMCN Programming is systematically maintained, protected and available to be leveraged at any given moment to support existing and new revenue opportunities.
The manager will need to leverage internal and external systems (listed below) to be able to track the location and usage of all AMCN long-form programming.
Content Management System (CMS)
Media Library Systems
Digital Asset Management (DAM)
Entertainment Identification Registry (EIDR)
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and implement taxonomies and controlled vocabularies across multiple platforms to promote the effective search and discovery of AMC Network’s long-form programming assets
- Ensure all AMCN owned Original programming is registered in Entertainment Identification Registry (EIDR) to improve visibility of asset and allow AMC Network programming to be discovered and consumed on multiple advanced platforms.
- Enforce compliance of metadata quality of all program assets across internal and external business and media systems
- Create metadata-propagation efficiencies and maintain data-quality and governance
- Research metadata standards, create best practices guidelines and provide necessary training to execute.
- Oversee the trafficking of all long-form materials, permanent archival and perform audit on a quarterly basis
- Analyze and fix inconsistencies on data sets
- Work closely with Project Design and Delivery team to determine automated technology solutions to enhance existing data sets
- Project manage legacy long-form programming archived assets and provide metadata solutions
- Manage the “How To” guidelines and policies that need to be adhered to in order to ensure the business is organizing our data correctly
- Secure important shared information in a central repository including but not limited to system integration documents, Deliverable Handbooks, Technical Specs, Standard Operating Procedure docs, Service Level Agreements, Workflow docs, Media Lab specs., executed contracts and agreements, etc.
- Support the VP in data metrics, generate various usage reports and conduct ad-hoc quantitative and qualitative analysis as needed.
- At least four years experience working in related job
- Experience with XML
- Experience creating and implementing metadata standard, schemas and taxonomies
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Familiarity with media industry
- Master’s of Library Science (MLIS) preferred