Suffolk County Community College in Selden, NY is seeking a Head Librarian.
The Campus Head Librarian provides strategic leadership, administrative supervision, and day-to-day management of the Michael J. Grant Campus Library currently located in the Sagtikos Arts & Sciences Building. A new Learning Resources Center is currently under construction and will be completed in 2017. The Campus Head Librarian will be responsible for the transition to the new facility. The Campus Head Librarian collaborates with faculty to assess evolving user needs; plans and develops methods to enhance and support the curriculum and information literacy; serves as the Campus Technology Dean and provides for the information needs of the students and faculty. The Campus Head Librarian is responsible for the following:
- Provides vision and dynamic leadership for integrated and innovative library, media and learning services to enhance and support the curriculum, instruction, faculty and student success.
- Recruits, selects, supervises and evaluates Educational Technology Unit (ETU) faculty assigned to the campus.
- Ensures that the library is responsive to changing modes of research, study, knowledge acquisition and learning.
- Must be attentive to the diversity of current and future learners.
- Coordinates the acquisition and utilization of the campus library collections, including electronic and digital resources in addition to print and media materials.
- Recruits, selects, supervises and evaluates library personnel assigned to the campus in conjunction with the Campus Executive Dean.
- Develops and manages Campus Library budget requests and allocation of funds.
- Collects statistics relating to the use of instructional materials, services, and equipment for the preparation of studies and reports necessary for program reviews and annual reports.
- Collaborates with other Campus Head Librarians regarding the development and implementation of library and educational technology policies and procedures.
- Serves on College and campus committees and work groups as appropriate.
- Collaborates with other campus Head Librarians regarding the development and implementation of library policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Campus Executive Dean.
To read full posting and apply: