Click on a job that interests you, then scroll down to read the description.
- F/T - Research Resources Asst, Whitney Mus (NY)
- F/T - Asst. Head Librarian, NYU-Anc World Inst (NY...
- F/T - Business Librarian, CUNY-Lehman (NY)
- Pharmaceutical Research Editor, InfoDesk (telecomm...
- F/T - Database Researcher, Marcus & Millichap (NJ)...
- Digital Asset Specialist, The Met (NY)
- P/T - Digital Initiative Librarian, FIT (NY)
- F/T - Emerging Technologies Librarian, FIT (NY)
- F/T - News Research Mgr, Associated Press (NY)
- P/T - Internet Researcher, PrincetonOne (NY)
- Dir, External Content, Knowledge Mgmt, KPMG (NJ)
- Knowledge Mgmt Architect, Facebook (NY)
- P/T - Librarian, Bryant Library (NY)
- Assoc Mgr for Tech Svcs, The Met-Watson Lib (NY)
- P/T - Library Associate, EdLab-Columbia U (NY)
- F/T - Archives Technician, National Archives (NY)
- P/T - Archival Consultant, Whirl-i-Gig (NY)
- P/T - Market Researcher, Tri-Lift (NJ)
- Knowledge Content Mgr, Audible-Amazon (NY)
- F/T - Information Specialist, Ogilvy & Mather (NY)...
- F/T - Librarian, Fairview Library (NJ)
- F/T - Project Archives Asst, Guggenheim Fdn (NY)
- Temp - Project Archivist, Guggenheim Fdn (NY)
- F/T - Sup of Engineering Information, Port Authori...
- F/T - Digital Svcs Librarian, SVA (NY)
- F/T - Research & Instr'l Librarian, Stevens Inst (...
- F/T - Archivist, Dedalus Foundation (NY)
- Research Assistant, McGarryBowen (NY)
- F/T Temp - Librarian, MyLibraryNYC, NYPL (NY)
- P/T - Librarian I, N. Castle Library (NY)
- Account Mgr, Artstor (NY)
- Research Associate, Westwood Partners (NY)
- Librarian-Archival Arrangem't & Description, NYU (...
- ▼ October (33)
- ► 2013 (467)
- ► 2012 (315)
- ► 2011 (169)
- ► 2010 (235)
Tuesday, October 21, 2014
Research Resources Assistant
The full-time Research Resources Assistant will provide reference assistance to Museum staff and patrons and is the first contact a researcher has with The Frances Mulhall Achilles Library, the Archives, Special Collections, and Permanent Collection Documentation.
Other Responsibilities: Oversee circulation and patron database on the Voyager system; schedule appointments/maintains department calendar; receives acquisitions; handles all library invoicing; manages periodical subscriptions; provides research and clerical assistance to department; assist in overseeing the work of Intern/Volunteers under Archive and Library staff supervision and works on associated projects relevant to Research Resources departmental priorities
Requirements: 2 years’ experience; MLIS degree (with art history or studio art experience preferred); hands-on library and archival skills; Voyager database, Access, Excel, research experience; knowledge of art history and contemporary American art; preservation awareness. Understanding the function and processes of both libraries and archives and related experience a plus; good communication skills.
Please send resume and cover letter to:email@example.com. The Museum offers a generous benefits package.
The Whitney Museum of American Art is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Museum does not discriminate because of age, sex, religion, race, color, creed, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, partnership status, veteran status, gender (including gender identity), sexual orientation, or any other factor prohibited by law. The Museum hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. The Museum encourages all qualified candidates to apply for vacant positions at all levels. This description shall not be construed as a contract of any sort for a specific period of employment.