Click on a job that interests you, then scroll down to read the description.
- Special Projects Librarian, Mem'l Sloan Kettering ...
- Library Director, Midland Park Mem'l Lib (NJ)
- P/T - Metadata and Cataloging Specialist, Pratt (N...
- (Temp) Systems Administrator, (Pro Libra) (CT)
- F/T - Internet Services Librarian, BCCLS (NJ)
- Research Data Mgmt Librarian, NYU (NY)
- State & Local Gov't Research Mgr (Pro Libra) (NY)
- F/T - Librarian/Archivist, Seton Hall Univ (NJ )
- Info Mgmt Analyst, Baker & Taylor (NJ)
- F/T - Reference Librarian, Pace U (NY)
- Oral History Archivist, Columbia U (NY)
- F/T - Asst. Dean, Gill Library, Coll of New Rochel...
- P/T - Social Media Mgr, Ezra Jack Keats Fdn (NY)
- ▼ November (13)
- ► 2013 (467)
- ► 2012 (315)
- ► 2011 (169)
- ► 2010 (235)
Friday, November 21, 2014
OPEN POSITION: SPECIAL PROJECTS LIBRARIAN AT MEMORIAL SLOAN KETTERING CANCER CENTER LIBRARY
The MSK Library supports Memorial Sloan Kettering's mission to improve patient care, support clinical and laboratory research, and enhance education. We select, acquire and provide relevant scientific and medical information. Customized training programs are available to optimize access to information. We are committed to outstanding service and to implementing innovations that meet the needs of our users.
The Special Projects Librarian is a long-term, temporary position reporting to the Associate Librarian, Technology Initiatives. In this role, the candidate’s overall responsibilities include:
· Verifying bibliographic information for Synapse <https://synapse.mskcc.org>
o Correction of database entries
o Online-searching for electronic documents
o Comparing title variations to identify duplicate records
o People-searching for name disambiguation
· Sharing shift coverage for the reference desk and virtual library services
o Answering requests by phone, live chat and walk-in clients
o Opening or closing and monitoring the Library’s physical locations
· Providing support for Document Delivery Services (DDS)
o Fulfilling electronic requests via ILLIAD
o Scanning documents and re-shelving materials
· Other projects as assigned
· Master's degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited program or at least 12 credits towards graduation
· Knowledge and experience working with abstracting and indexing databases (PubMed, Scopus, Web of Science, etc), integrated library systems (particularly Innovative Millennium), and institutional repositories
· Understanding of database design and architecture
· Ability to work independently and with close attention to detail
Preferred: Excellent oral and written communication skills, outgoing personality with a desire to provide excellent customer service, adaptable to changing work environments and departmental priorities, and familiar with any or all of the following: electronic publishing, licensing, cataloging, metadata standards, link resolver technology, and database management skills.
Position Hours: Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm
Hourly rate is competitive and based on candidate's relevant experience and qualifications.
Application consideration is ongoing and will continue until the position is filled.
Interested applicants should send their resumes to the attention of:
Bernadette Joe (email@example.com)
Associate Librarian, Technology Initiatives
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center Library