- Provides vision and dynamic leadership for integrated and innovative library, media and learning services to enhance and support the curriculum, instruction, faculty and student success.
- Recruits, selects, supervises and evaluates Educational Technology Unit (ETU) faculty assigned to the campus.
- Ensures that the library is responsive to changing modes of research, study, knowledge acquisition and learning.
- Must be attentive to the diversity of current and future learners.
- Coordinates the acquisition and utilization of the campus library collections, including electronic and digital resources in addition to print and media materials.
- Recruits, selects, supervises and evaluates library personnel assigned to the campus in conjunction with the Campus Executive Dean.
- Develops and manages Campus Library budget requests and allocation of funds.
- Collects statistics relating to the use of instructional materials, services, and equipment for the preparation of studies and reports necessary for program reviews and annual reports.
- Collaborates with other Campus Head Librarians regarding the development and implementation of library and educational technology policies and procedures.
- Serves on College and campus committees and work groups as appropriate.
- Collaborates with other campus Head Librarians regarding the development and implementation of library policies and procedures.
Click on a job that interests you, then scroll down to read the description.
- Campus Head Librarian, Suffolk Co Comm Coll-SUNY (...
- F/T - Research & Knowl Svcs Tax Analyst, Skadden, ...
- Digital Initiatives Librarian, William Paterson U ...
- F/T - Project Cataloger & E-Resource Lib, NYBG (NY...
- F/T - KM Research Analyst (Pro Libra) (NJ)
- Records and Information Management Specialist, EPA...
- P/T - Librarian, St. Paul's School of Nursing (NY)...
- P/T - Librarian I, Patchogue-Medford Lib (NY)
- ▼ September (8)
- ► 2015 (283)
- ► 2014 (470)
- ► 2013 (467)
- ► 2012 (315)
- ► 2011 (169)
- ► 2010 (235)
Monday, September 26, 2016
Suffolk County Community College-SUNY's Michael J. Grant Campus on Long Island, NY is seeking a Campus Head Librarian.
Campus Head Librarian – Michael J. Grant Campus
Announcement is hereby made for a 12-month, Campus Head Librarian position at the Michael J. Grant Campus, starting in the 2016 fall semester. The Campus Head Librarian reports to the Campus Executive Dean.
The Campus Head Librarian is a 12-month Guild (Unit 4) position, and, as such, the salary and benefits for this position are determined according to the salary and benefits plan for the Guild of Administrative Officers.
The Campus Head Librarian provides strategic leadership, administrative supervision, and day-to-day management of the Michael J. Grant Campus Library currently located in the Sagtikos Arts & Sciences Building. A new Learning Resources Center is currently under construction and will be completed in 2017. The Campus Head Librarian will be responsible for the transition to the new facility. The Campus Head Librarian collaborates with faculty to assess evolving user needs; plans and develops methods to enhance and support the curriculum and information literacy; serves as the Campus Technology Dean and provides for the information needs of the students and faculty. The Campus Head Librarian is responsible for the following:
Performs other duties as assigned by the Campus Executive Dean.
An American Library Association (ALA) accredited Master’s Degree in Library Science is required; Doctorate preferred. Substantial supervision and managerial experience in a college library with personnel working under collective bargaining agreements; academic and distance learning experience; budget management experience; a creative approach to library planning and problem solving; excellent oral and written communication skills; knowledge of library trends and technology; and the ability to work in a collaborative environment.
To Read Full Posting and Apply: