Click on a job that interests you, then scroll down to read the description.
- Librarian, Newsday (NY)
- Biomedical Sciences Librarian, Mount Sinai (NY)
- F/T - Registrar, Museum of the Moving Image (NY)
- Deputy Director, Research & Info Mgmt, Council For...
- Adj Librarian-Liaison to HS of Am Studies, Lehman-...
- F/T - Processing Archivist, Winthrop Group (NY)
- Digitization Project Mgr, Baruch-CUNY (NY)
- F/T - Director, Regulatory Intel, Pfizer (NY)
- F/T - Researcher (LAC Group) (NY)
- F/T - Emerging Tech Librarian, Queenborough-CUNY (...
- F/T - Head of Public Svcs, Pratt (NY)
- Natural Resources Research Mgr (Pro Libra) (NY)
- National Digital Stewardship Residents, IMLS (NY)
- P/T - DAM Consultant, Planned Parenthood (NY)
- (Temp) Research Librarian, Franklin Templeton (NY)...
- F/T - Supervisory Librarian, Maritime Adm'n (NY)
- Manager, Sci Info Training, Bristol-Myers (NJ)
- Information Coordinator, Baker & Taylor (NJ)
- Research Librarian, Akin Gump (NY)
- ▼ May (19)
- ► 2014 (470)
- ► 2013 (467)
- ► 2012 (315)
- ► 2011 (169)
- ► 2010 (235)
Thursday, May 21, 2015
Newsday, the newspaper and online content provider serving Long Island, New York, has an opening for a non-traditional Librarian.
The position entails providing reference and research services for reporters and editors, creating and creating content for print and online and training others in the use of databases and other resources.
The successful candidate must be able to find and analyze information on tight deadlines. They must present information in different formats depending on the type of question and needs of the client.
This person must be proficient in searching and instructing others in the use of commercial databases such as Nexis, Accurint, TLO, PACER and Proquest and able to train others to use Newsday databases such as Doccenter and Hermes. Must be knowledgeable in the use of public records and print reference sources, and able to use social media, Internet and archival sources as research tools. Knowledge of Word and Excel required.
The job requires good communication and writing skills, a strong knowledge of current events, attention to detail and accuracy as well as the ability to organize materials and create databases.
Flexibility with scheduling and adaptability to changing assignments is required. The position will include some weekend, night and holiday shifts.
Master’s degree in Library Science (or Bachelor's degree with comparable work experience) is required. Experience in a news library is preferred.
Please send your cover letter and resume to:
Mary Ann Skinner
Asst. Managing Editor/Administration
235 Pinelawn Road
Melville, NY 11560
Equal Opportunity Employment m/f/d/v
Newsday is a daily newspaper serving Long Island through its print editions and its web site Newsday.com. Newsday is committed to quality journalism and boasts 19 Pulitzer Prizes and numerous other awards including the Polk Awards, Sigma Delta Chi, National Headliners, Society of Silurians, Deadline Club, Overseas Press Club, American Society of Newspaper Editors, New York Newspaper Publishers Association, National Association of Black Journalists and Press Club of Long Island. Newsday is owned by Cablevision.