- Communicates the value of the print and electronic collections, including the Maritime Heritage collection, to the college community and beyond.
- Manages all aspects of the print and digital serials collections, including all electronic resources.
- Manages the cataloging process.
- Oversees inventory, including catalog and stack maintenance.
- Communicates with external providers including publishers, vendors, content providers, consortia, and technology suppliers via telephone, email, and in-person.
- Works with Digital Services Librarian, Campus IT and the Educational Technologist to ensure accessibility of electronic content.
- Works with Scholarly Communications Librarian to explore OER's and other emerging content models.
- Serves as liaison to one or more academic departments
- Serves on various campus and SUNY-wide committees and participates in college governance
- Participates in information literacy programs as needed
- Creates online content to support student research (i.e. LibGuides)
- Provides in-person and virtual reference services
- Participates in departmental activities
- Actively participates in scholarly work
- MLS or equivalent degree from an ALA-Accredited Program
- Familiarity with current collection development best practices
- Ability to manage library materials budget
- Strong working knowledge of modern cataloging standards, including RDA, AARC2, LCSH, and MARC21
- Experience cataloging materials in a variety of formats
- Experience maintaining and troubleshooting bibliographic records, including batch processing
- Strong experience working with an Integrated Library System (Preferably Exlibris Aleph)
- Ability to manage large scale projects
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility to adapt to new technologies
- Additional graduate work
Local Title: Content Services Librarian
Line #: 00583
Application Instructions: Persons interested in the above position should apply online.
- Cover letter including salary requirements
- Contact information for three professional references.