Click on a job that interests you, then scroll down to read the description.
- ► 2016 (200)
- ► 2015 (283)
- ► 2014 (470)
- P/T - Taxonomist, Scholastic (NY)
- F/T - Dir. of Admin. Solutions, Columbia Univ. (NY...
- F/T Temp - Web Archiv'g Prog. Coordinator, Frick (...
- F/T - Data Quality Analyst, Voxgov (NY)
- F/T - APAC Researcher, eMarketer (NY)
- F/T - Regional Knowledge Mgr, Gensler (NY)
- Knowledge & Learning Consultant, Ernst & Young (NJ...
- F/T - Digital Media Archivist, Viacom (NY)
- Health Research Manager (ProLibra) (NY, PA or othe...
- Law Librarian (Advantage Personnel) (NJ)
- F/T - Knowledge Manager, Oliver Wyman (NY)
- F/T - Librarian, Digital Initiatives, Swarthmore (...
- Various Positions, Suffolk County Civil Srvc (NY)
- F/T - News Researcher, WSJ (NY)
- P/T - Library Assistant Intern, CMI (NY)
- F/T - Assoc. Librarian/Librarian, Princeton Univ. ...
- F/T - Online Content Analyst, CrowdComputing (NJ)
- F/T - Director Monographs Processing, Columbia Uni...
- P/T - Librarian, Mandl School (NY)
- F/T - Advanced Referencing Svcs Specialist, Infotr...
- P/T - Interim Library Director, Maywood Public Lib...
- P/T - Eve & Wkend Librarian, Roxbury Public Lib (N...
- F/T - Archivist, Cai Studio (NY)
- F/T - Librarian, Inst of Design & Constr'n (NY)
- F/T - Media Svcs Librarian, Suffolk Comm College (...
- F/T - Electronic Svcs Ass't, Law (Yorkson Legal) (...
- F/T - Librarian, Eastern International College (NJ...
- F/T - Sr. Info Specialist, NY Power Authority (NY)...
- F/T - Digital Initiatives Librarian/Asst. Prof., B...
- F/T - Knowledge Mgr, F&R (Pro-Libra) (NY)
- (Temp) - Analyst, Media Mgmt, AMC Networks (NY)
- F/T - Head of Circulation, New York Society Lib (N...
- (Temp) Sr. Information Researcher (Pro Libra) (CT)...
- ▼ October (33)
- ► 2012 (315)
- ► 2011 (169)
- ► 2010 (235)
Thursday, October 31, 2013
Wednesday, October 30, 2013
Director of Administrative Solutions
• Demonstrated accomplishments in administration, budget and finance, and/or human resources
• Demonstrated accomplishments in the introduction of new administrative technologies and systems
• Demonstrated problem solving skills
• Outstanding communication and collaboration skills
• Recent experience and knowledge of issues and trends in administrative services in academic libraries
• An academic or professional background in information science, library science, education, or related disciplines
• Ability to articulate an interest in the education sector and a vision for new technologies and materials to advance learning
Interested applicants should send their salary history and requirements along with their cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Monday, October 28, 2013
Web Archiving Program Coordinator
(Full-time/Temporary, Two Year Appointment)
Job Summary: The New York Art Resources Consortium (NYARC), consisting of
the libraries of The Brooklyn Museum, the Museum of Modern Art, and The
Frick Collection, seeks an experienced information professional to
coordinate a two-year grant-funded program to expand and improve its
program for collecting and archiving web content of specialist art
resources. The new program is funded by the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation
and is administered by and based at the Frick Collection. Reporting to the
Primary Investigator of the grant, the Web Archiving Program Coordinator
will work closely with NYARC Directors and key staff to create and
document effective workflow procedures for a program to capture, manage,
and describe web content in five areas of focus that have been chosen to
correspond with analog collection strengths. The coordinator will be
responsible for managing subscriptions with Archive-It, Duracloud, and
other outside partners to manage the lifecycle of the NYARC web
collection, including selection, capture, quality control, description and
access, and preservation. The coordinator will train and oversee interns
associated with the program at the three NYARC libraries. Through frequent
meetings with technical consultants and collaborative partners within and
outside of NYARC, the coordinator will serve as a liaison to communicate
and implement decisions pertaining to the program. The Web Archiving
Program Coordinator will stay abreast of scholarship and trends in the
emerging field of web archiving through literature review and
participation in relevant professional organizations and meetings.
- A Master's Degree in Library/Information Science from an ALA accredited
school with coursework/training in metadata and taxonomies.
- Demonstrated experience in web archiving and metadata creation in a
research library or comparable environment. Demonstrable knowledge of
descriptive and structural metadata standards e.g. MARC, Dublin Core, EAD,
etc. and data content standards, e.g. RDA, AACR2, etc.
- General knowledge of software applications supporting integrated access
to online collections and associated technologies as well as knowledge of
web technologies, including HTML, CSS, and CMSs. Managerial or supervisory
experience. Must have knowledge of current trends and emerging
technologies in web archiving.
- Demonstrable organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills with
the ability to work both independently and collaboratively with other team
members in a consortia environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated ability to
communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Preferably one to two years' experience working in a web archiving
program with knowledge of scholarly literature in art history.
Please send resume with salary requirements/history to:
(include "Web Archive" in subject line of email)
Chief, Collections Management and Access
Inquiries without cover letter and salary requirements will not be considered
See the full job posting here:
Are you a self-motivated, driven, accomplished self-starter? Do you relish the chance to prove your skills through your hard work and bright ideas? Are you looking for the chance to be a part of a rapidly growing, start-up company? If so, we are looking for talented employees who want to get in on the ground floor of tech-based company and enjoy the challenges and opportunities associated with a start-up environment.
*Learn and adhere to agreed upon standards of Data Quality
*Use company-specific tools to identify and correct data inconsistencies and issues
*Ensure cleanliness and accuracy of data to be delivered for front-end use
*Timely delivery of tasks and projects
*Loading data into the production environment
*Communication with other team members
*Communication with Development team to assist in the creation and design of enhanced custom data solutions
*Ability to work independently but also work well in a team environment
*Excellent time management skills
*Ability to prioritize workload and work under strict deadline, time frames and pressure
*Communication and presentation skills
*Strong problem solving/analytical skills
*Skilled at Internet research
*B.A., B.S. or equivalent work experience is required
*Experience managing, entering or editing in a data intensive, multiple project, and deadline-driven environment
If this sounds like you, we invite to submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and join our fast-growing team!
Sunday, October 27, 2013
eMarketer, a privately-held company in New York City, is seeking a
Researcher with a background in digital media and secondary market
research. The chosen candidate will collect, analyze and curate publicly
available information for the purpose of producing our products.
Identify the best methods for the coverage area and develop a process for
daily work across three industries
Track multiple digital media and industry sources
Collect, analyze and select data points and trends for charts, articles
and reports. Accurately parse a variety of statistics, including survey
and forecasting methodologies
Discover and vet new sources of information
Establish and develop relationships with our broad base of information
Organize and develop a calendar of information release dates
Collaborate with fellow researchers on finding and curating key data.
Collaborate with analysts, writers and forecasters on written content and
eMarketer estimates based on data that the researcher has found
A Bachelor’s Degree is required, MLS is a plus; 2+ years’ experience in
digital media and/or secondary market research; market analysis experience
Fluent in Korean
Work experience in Australia or India is highly preferred
Organizational skills and the ability to multitask
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Our ideal researcher is motivated and detail-oriented
Must be a NY metro area resident
Saturday, October 26, 2013
Regional Knowledge Manager, Gensler – NY
|The Northeast Regional Knowledge Manager will be
responsible for project data within Gensler’s Northeast region (New
York, Boston, Morristown and Toronto) as well as our three offices in
Latin America (San Jose, Costa Rica; Mexico City, Mexico and Sao Paulo,
The Knowledge Manager should be extremely well-organized, confident and personable in dealing with all levels of staff, conscientious, detail-oriented and flexible. Most importantly, he or she must be passionate about knowledge management.
|To apply: http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH04/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=GENSLER&cws=1&rid=4498|
Knowledge Awareness & Learning Consultant, Ernst & Young – NJ
Essential Functions of the Job:
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
Digital Media Archivist, Viacom – NY
Your daily responsibilities include:
- Developing metadata standards for cataloging of all Viacom networks assets
- Evaluating digital submissions to determine which material should go into a curated archive
- Help document and publish archiving standards
- Assist library patrons with questions about digital processes
- Fill requests for digital assets from production groups
- Coordinate the arrival and upload of drives and\or digital deliveries from internal/external facilities
- Document suggested enhancements for Alias in relation to metadata changes, digital delivery improvements, and\or archive and storage needs
- Perform UAT tests for the Alias database system and communicate bugs to the applications team
- Maintain record of work for daily and monthly reports
- Bachelor’s Degree in Library Science, Information Science, or equivalent work experience
- 2-3 years’ experience
- Familiarity with production and digital technologies
- Demonstrate good judgment and be detail oriented
- Must be able to work independently
- Must have excellent interpersonal, follow-through and communication skills, including both oral & written
Thursday, October 24, 2013
Health Research Manager
Location: CA, Boston, Chicago, Minneapolis, Phil, or NYC
This role requires people who not only have strong research skills but who also have a client-focused mentality and an outgoing and confident personal style. The successful candidate will be expected to rapidly build deep relationships with their peers and senior executives in the practice, at times responding to requests or alternatively anticipating research needs and at times proposing (and selling) research ideas.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Performing custom Research & Analysis, and develop original insights on the US Healthcare Market
- Grow capabilities, knowledge and skills in the US Healthcare domain
- Develop, enhance and maintain our relationships with key stakeholders in the US Health Practice
- Plan, structure and deliver ad hoc secondary research
- Contribute to building new assets based on key sources and new and existing research programs
- Contribute to the Health & Public Service Research team
We are looking for someone who has a comprehensive skill set:
· Wide ranging & deep knowledge & experience of the US Healthcare system
· Strong analytical skills in secondary research
· Ideally, quantitative/financial analysis experience &/or knowledge of Healthcare IT
· Strong knowledge of key sources for research on Healthcare
· Solid experience in presentation of research deliverables to high level executives
· Strong ability to meet customer requirements and to assemble project plans given the team’s delivery capabilities and availability
· Very organized, thorough, with a focus on quality of deliverables and respect of deadlines
· Strong professional qualities: client focus, decisiveness, integrity, and resilience to stress against stretch goals, deadlines.
· Strong track record in managing projects in global, multi-cultural, multi-time zone team (South Africa, Europe, India, China)
· Strong communications skills and good interpersonal skills in one-to-one and team settings
· Commercial mind set, and experience of acting in a commercial operating environment
Reports to: Healthcare Research Lead
Supervises: Initially no direct reports, but will have to project other junior team members
Qualifications: Post-graduate or degree/qualification ideally in Medicine/Public Policy/Healthcare related subjects, although other subjects also will be considered alongside solid experience base.
* 7+ years business research experience,
* Selling of research with senior executive customers, who are the high end users of the research output.
Location: US, flexible (open to several areas-CA, Boston, Chicago, Minneapolis, Philadelphia, NYC)
For consideration, please email cover letter, resume and references to:
Angela Dzikowski, Pro Libra Associates email@example.com <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> 800-262-0070
Advantage Personnel is seeking a Law Librarian for their client, a mid-sized law firm that has an immediate opening in their Livingston, NJ office
*Legal research using public databases, LexisNexis, Westlaw, etc…
*Providing training to attorneys and legal support staff
*Maintain law library
*Purchase resource materials for attorneys
*Research and retrieve legal documents and opinions
*Assist attorneys with legal research utilizing hardcopy texts as well as CD-based products and on line legal research products
*Bachelors Degree, MLS is a plus
*5 years experience as law librarian
*Minimum of 3 years experience doing medical research
*Excellent communication skills verbal and written
To apply: http://jobview.monster.com/Law-Librarian-Job-Livingston-NJ-US-126900222.aspx?from=indeed
Knowledge Manager, Oliver Wyman Group – NY
This role reports directly to the Knowledge Management Team Manager and a high level of direct interaction is expected with the other Knowledge Managers covering the remaining practices within the broader CIVT Practice Group. There will also be co-ordination with the responsible Practice Chiefs of Staff, Practice Managers and practice heads. An important aspect of the role will be to build excellent working relationships with the key practice figures globally.
Areas of Focus:
Global Commercial Effectiveness capabilities, including intersections with:
• Wholesale distribution, distributed manufacturing and services,
• Services, travel & leisure
• Financial Services
• Communications, Media & Technology
• Wholesale distribution, distributed manufacturing and services capabilities globally
• Communications, Media & Technology capabilities for North America
The role of the Knowledge Manager is to act as facilitator in the transfer of intellectual capital across the practices and throughout the company. In this role you will serve as a key resource to Partners to help them be commercially impactful and project teams to be effective and efficient at serving their clients. You will coordinate and manage the capture, classification, storage and sharing of OW’s knowledge base within one or more Practice areas and help develop knowledge products, such as project tools, summaries etc.. You will help manage the Practice Knowledge site on the KM platform to ensure the newest and best-of content and projects are showcased and identify content gaps. You will help identify leading OW experts and may contribute to periodic product or credentials updates. You will work closely with other KMs and the business area leaders to identify cross-practice content priorities, promote IC sharing behaviors, identify blockages, suggest improvements, develop content priorities and plan for annual Practice meetings and overall communications.
- Undergraduate Degree, preferably MLS or Knowledge Management qualification, but Liberal Arts, Economics/Finance, Journalism, etc. are welcome too
- 4+ years of relevant KM or Industry experience, or several years of consulting experience
- English is a must. Other languages are a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills and client orientation
- High intellectual curiosity and openness to new ideas
- Discipline, to understand the value of capturing and disseminating information to grow the knowledge assets of the group, and demonstrated ability to execute (e.g. a new knowledge program, or devise new knowledge harvest or transfer approaches)
- Strong communication skills – able to deal with colleagues of different experience levels and seniority, keen and able to champion KM in the organization, tactical communication and selling skills to help manage change, able to actively participate in Practice discussions
- Competent online, research and analytical skills, including ability to create metrics and measure impact
- Capable of independently pushing work forward and strong teaming skills
- Understands the competitive environment of the industries/practices served within our consulting business the wider business community
- Organization, classification and multi-tasking skills with good attention to detail
Good understanding/power user of all Microsoft Office suite apps, also valued any knowledge of programming or use of any CMS (Content Management System) and or HTML or experience with Database management in any software
To apply: https://mmc.taleo.net/careersection/10480/jobdetail.ftl?job=755700