Part-Time Librarian, New York School for Medical and Dental Assistants (NY)
- Prepares for and provides classroom and individual instruction to demonstrate the use of library resources, on line databases, and the internet, which include working with classroom faculty to develop curricular objectives, create online library-related resources and instructional materials, and delivering appropriate information literacy instruction.
- Assists in budget preparation for the Library.
- Oversees the acquisition, cataloging and circulation of library materials which reflect the qualities of excellence appropriate to the objectives of the school.
- Administers all aspects of the library services, staffing and resources including budget decisions and facilities planning.
- Assumes responsibility for the selection, purchase and control of the physical equipment of the library.
- Provides guidance to students and faculty in navigation of library resources.
- Assumes responsibility for the development and implementation of a bibliographic instruction program for students.
- Collaborate with faculty in building collections and resources to support student learning.
- Chairs the library committee
- Regularly participate in scheduled faculty meetings.
- Participates in semi-annual graduation ceremonies.
The New York School for Medical and Dental Assistants`