Job Title: Web Content Assistant
Job ID: 4411
Location: City College, New York City
Writes and prepares written material on a variety of topics such as students, alumni, faculty, campus facilities, academic programs, and/or events.
- Researches and writes news releases, brochures, profiles, announcements, e-news stories and other materials as needed
- Reviews and proofreads drafts prepared by other staff
- Produces material to be used in a number of formats such as print, web sites, and presentations
- Adheres to journalistic standards for fact-finding, research, verification, and style
- May work with other professionals in admissions, marketing, public relations, development, or academic affairs to write brochures or marketing materials
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Communications Publications Writer
Assistant to HEO
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
The City College of New York seeks an independently-motivated, forward thinking Web Content Assistant. The incumbent will report to the Web Manager, under the direction of the Vice President for Communications.
The Web Content Assistant will be responsible for:
- Copy editing of material intended for web publication.
- Migrating and editing large volumes of content to new college website.
- Assisting with the production and maintenance of user documentation, including a college-wide style guide for writing for the web.
- Updating/adding web content using the front-end interface of the college content management system (CMS).
- Assisting with the optimization of information organization and architecture of existing and new website content.
- Assisting with training department contacts to use the front-end of the CMS.
- Utilizing administrative features of the CMS to augment user/website settings.
- Assisting with client user support and related CMS troubleshooting.
- Assisting with the preparation of images, pdf documents and other media formats for web publication.
Bachelor's Degree required.
- Strong editing, grammar and writing skills
- Basic understanding of HTML is required; understanding of semantic html production is desirable
- Experience editing and organizing information on the website of an educational institution or large organization is desirable
- Experience with Photoshop, Dreamweaver, MS Office, and Acrobat software is desirable
- Ability to provide support to clients possessing varying degrees of computer/internet experience
- Professional, responsible and friendly demeanor
- Experience working in a content management system is desirable
- Coursework in Information and Library Science a plus
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are viewing this job posting in CUNYFirst, please click on "Apply Now" on the bottom of this page and follow the instructions.
If you are viewing this job posting externally, please apply as follows:
- Go to www.cuny.edu and click on "Employment"
- Click "Search job listings"
- Click on "More search options"
- Search by Job Opening ID number
- Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the instructions.
Please note that you must upload a cover letter, resume and two references as ONE document in any of the following formats: .doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf, or text format.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.