Librarian, Briarcliffe College – NY
Under the direction of the Library Director, the Campus Librarian oversees all aspects of the library systems activities to support instructional needs of students and faculty and to ensure a high quality learning experience therein. Maintain library collections of books, serial publications, documents, multimedia, and other materials, and assist groups and individuals in locating and obtaining materials by performing the following duties:
- Furnish information on library activities, facilities, rules, and services
- Search files, reference shelves, and computerized information systems to locate requested information
- Assemble, arrange, and maintain reference and circulation materials
- Answer correspondence on special reference subjects
- Investigate technologies that will improve service
- Implementation of Library policies and procedures to ensure effective administration of library operations
- Supervise/manage one or more work study students.
- Promote and encourage amongst students and faculty the ethical use of information.
- Effectively advocate library services and opportunities for In-Service type projects to all campus departments.
- Teach APA and Information Literacy to different classes.
- Perform paper reviews.
- Catalog incoming items.
- Master of Library Science (MLS) or Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS) degree from and ALA accredited institution.
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in a public or academic library with management experience preferred
- Database software, Internet and Content Management systems; Experience with various databases and knowledge of the EOS Library OPAC (preferred)
- Teaching and/or library instruction experience preferred.
- Available to work 1-2 nights per week at the Bethpage and/or Patchogue Campus library.
- Word Processing and spreadsheet software including MS Word, MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- High customer service demand in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to copy catalog as well as original catalog items.