Click on a job that interests you, then scroll down to read the description.
- ► 2016 (200)
- F/T - Business Librarian, Lehman Coll-CUNY (NY)
- F/T - Coll'n Design & Assess't Librarian, Arcadia ...
- F/T - Librarian, Mercy College (NY)
- P/T - Virtual Ref Librarian (Telecommute) SNH Univ...
- P/T - Ref Librarian, Library of Hasbrouck Hts (NJ)...
- Manager-Reference (Pro Libra) (NY)
- F/T - Business Info Researcher, Bank of Am (NY)
- F/T - Business Research Assoc, Capital Group (NY)
- F/T - Director, N. Arlington Public Lib (NJ)
- Librarian, Briarcliffe College (NY)
- F/T - Ed Svcs Librarian, Temple U (PA)
- F/T - Librarian II, NYPL-Schomburg Ctr (NY)
- P/T - Archivist, NYC Municipal Archives (NY)
- F/T - Web Content Editor, NY-Presbyterian (NY)
- Mgr, Knowledge Management, KPMG (NJ)
- Outreach & DAM Specialist, Inst of Int'l Ed (NY)
- F/T - Library Director, Brookdale Comm Coll (NJ)
- F/T - Associate/Sr. Associate, NERA Econ Cons (NY)...
- Archives and Digital Assets Specialist, NYSE (NY)
- Digital Repository Developer, METRO (NY)
- Information Specialist - Financial (PRO LiBRA) (NY...
- Product Manager, Elsevier (NY)
- F/T - Research & Instr Lib I, Fairleigh Dickinson ...
- P/T - Library Svcs Manager (DTI) (NJ)
- F/T - Corporate Archivist, HSBC (NY)
- Business Process Analyst - KM, Novartis (NJ)
- News Indexing Analyst – German Job, Bloomberg (NJ)...
- Senior Research Analyst, Dentons (NY)
- F/T - Program Director, Bryant Library (NY)
- Online Research & Instr Librarian, Berkley Coll (N...
- Branch Manager, Newark Library (NJ)
- ▼ September (31)
- ► 2014 (470)
- ► 2013 (467)
- ► 2012 (315)
- ► 2011 (169)
- ► 2010 (235)
Thursday, September 3, 2015
BRANCH MANAGER, NEWARK PUBLIC LIBRARY
The Newark Public Library is accepting applications for Manager of the Van Buren Branch. We are seeking a dynamic librarian with leadership qualities to manage the Van Buren Branch in the Ironbound section of Newark. The Van Buren Branch is one of the busiest in the system and serves a diverse clientele. The Manager oversees all aspects of branch services and works closely with the Supervisor of Branch Services, other branch managers, and Library management.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
Supervising the staff and operations of a branch within a library system.
Providing designated staff with appropriate assignments and instructions for their completion.
Scheduling staff to cover public service desks, shelve materials, and perform other duties.
Monitoring the physical condition and security of the branch facility.
Evaluating employee performance and conduct.
Providing and modeling excellent customer service.
Answering reference questions of varying difficulty and explaining the use and availability of reference sources in all appropriate formats.
Assisting and/or instructing patrons and staff in the effective use of electronic resources for finding information.
Planning and facilitating library programs.
Establishing and maintaining effective relationships with community organizations, schools, and the public.
Planning and providing outreach activities to schools and community organizations.
Selecting books and other library materials for collections.
Reviewing collections to develop or discard/discontinue as needed.
Preparing clear, accurate, and informative narrative and statistical reports.
Maintaining files and records including employee time cards.
REQUIREMENTS:A Master's degree in Library or Information Sciences in a library program accredited by the American Library Association and a New Jersey Professional Librarian’s Certificate. Candidates should have at least two years of library experience demonstrating a progression of increasing responsibility. Supervisory experience is preferred. Experience working with children, young adults and their families is an asset. The successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal communication skills, a commitment to public service and customer satisfaction, and knowledge of reference sources and collection development practices and methods. Ability to speak Spanish and/or Portuguese is an advantage.
This position requires New Jersey residency: N.J.S.A. 52:14-7 (L. 2011, Chapter 70).
SCHEDULE AND SALARY: This is a full time 35 hour per week position with 20 vacation days per year. The schedule includes one evening per week and every other Saturday. Minimum salary is $51,207.
Please send a resume and a cover letter detailing your interest in the position to Heidi Cramer, Assistant Director for Public Services, email@example.com