Archives and Digital Assets Specialist, Intercontinental Exchange, Inc. – NY
The Archive and Digital Assets Specialist leads the management and research functions of the NYSE Archives.
The Archives preserves the most important records documenting the NYSE’s long history, ranging from the original 1792 Buttonwood Agreement to current imagery of the trading floor. At both our Wall Street headquarters and a new storage center in Mahwah, NJ, the Specialist cares for the written and graphic records and artifacts that document NYSE policy, procedures, products and people over the past 223 years. This individual provides research and reference services to ICE/NYSE management and staff, listed company and member firm customers, and qualified scholarly researchers.
- Provide customer-focused support for collections administration and reference service functions of the NYSE Archives.
- Appraise, select, acquire, preserve and manage the historical records, artifacts, artworks and other cultural assets of the NYSE.
- Design and implement manual and electronic descriptive systems and bibliographic controls to make archival materials accessible to users.
- Develop inventories, catalogs, indexes, registers and other finding aids in accordance with professional archival practice.
- Perform essential preservation and conservation processes.
- Provide reference service for historical information and provide guidance and supervision to internal and external clients.
- Conduct in-depth historical research and provide research reports to internal customers as needed.
- Develop and execute exhibitions of archival documents and artifacts; prepare historical notes, presentations and other public information materials promoting NYSE history.
- Master’s degree in History or Library / Information Science required, with a concentration in archives management.
- Minimum 5+ years archival experience, with increasing levels of management responsibility.
- Experience in processing institutional archives or manuscript collections.
- Experience working with archival digital asset management systems and database applications.
- Knowledge of the history, functions and operations of the securities industry and NYSE, preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with content appraisal, archival processing standards and procedures. Ability to organize and manage historical records and artifacts within professional standards.