Research and Instruction Librarian I , Fairleigh Dickinson University – NJ
Apply by October 19, 2015
Instruct graduate and undergraduate classes in information literacy and research methodology. Answer reference questions and assist students, faculty, and other members of the academic community in their information literacy skills development and research methods. Share collection development responsibilities with the Research and Instruction team. Administer the library during weekend and evening hours as scheduled. The incumbents are expected to work independently, but share responsibilities with other members of the Research and Instruction Department. This position reports to an Associate University Librarian and Director of Public Services.
1. MLS from an ALA accredited school.
2. Demonstrable experience performing reference, online searching and bibliographic instruction.
3. Well developed written and verbal communication skills with strong human relations skills.
4. Must have knowledge of basic computer software/hardware operations, email, and web interface.
5. Strong organizational and time management skills and the ability to work independently.
6. Must be available to work evening and weekend hours as required.
7. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background check. Candidates for hire will be required to sign a waiver authorizing the background check and produce a Social Security Card.
To apply: https://jobs.fdu.edu/postings/4030