Leading Global Law Firm
New York City
Pro Libra is seeking a Manager-Reference for its client, a top–tier global law firm providing coordinated legal advice on the largest and most complex corporate transactions and litigation matters in industries which include financial services, insurance, power and natural resources, consumer products, services, technology, telecommunications, media, pharmaceuticals and healthcare industries. Cross-border finance, banking and bank regulation, mergers and acquisitions, securities issuance and regulation, project and asset based finance, real estate, asset management, joint ventures, taxation, litigation and dispute resolution are important aspects of the Firm’s practice.
The Manager-Reference is responsible for managing a staff of Reference Librarians and for responding to requests from lawyers and other staff for general, legal, and company information.
* Manage a staff of Reference Librarians
* Respond to requests and provide reference services to lawyers, paralegals, and staff from all of the Firm's offices in a timely manner
* Maintain awareness of key resources and technologies in the Firm's practice areas
* Stay abreast of current library trends through continuing education
* Oversee all incoming requests and staff's responses to all legal inquiries and corporate information requests, such as cited material, legislative and regulatory tracking, foreign and international material, jurisdiction, SEC filings, analyst reports and company information verification
* Mediate and take corrective action with staff as needed; perform yearly performance evaluations
* Maintain daily attendance, punctuality and approved vacation requests via Day Off Tracking system
* Perform other duties as assigned
* 6 to 10 years of relevant experience required
* Supervisory experience required
* Ability to effectively present information verbally and in writing
* Knowledge of the print legal research bibliography
* Knowledge of how to search legal research resources including Westlaw, Lexis, Bloomberg, BloombergLaw, Lex Machina, Thomson One, Hoover's, D&B, and the various SEC filings search resources
* Ability to identify complex problems, make determinations and implement effective solutions
* Ability to work independently, determine priorities and coordinate workflow effectively
* Prior experience in law firm environment.
* Master’s degree in Library Science required
Please contact Angela Dzikowski at 800-262-0070
Pro Libra Associates, Inc.
Click on a job that interests you, then scroll down to read the description.
- ► 2016 (200)
- F/T - Business Librarian, Lehman Coll-CUNY (NY)
- F/T - Coll'n Design & Assess't Librarian, Arcadia ...
- F/T - Librarian, Mercy College (NY)
- P/T - Virtual Ref Librarian (Telecommute) SNH Univ...
- P/T - Ref Librarian, Library of Hasbrouck Hts (NJ)...
- Manager-Reference (Pro Libra) (NY)
- F/T - Business Info Researcher, Bank of Am (NY)
- F/T - Business Research Assoc, Capital Group (NY)
- F/T - Director, N. Arlington Public Lib (NJ)
- Librarian, Briarcliffe College (NY)
- F/T - Ed Svcs Librarian, Temple U (PA)
- F/T - Librarian II, NYPL-Schomburg Ctr (NY)
- P/T - Archivist, NYC Municipal Archives (NY)
- F/T - Web Content Editor, NY-Presbyterian (NY)
- Mgr, Knowledge Management, KPMG (NJ)
- Outreach & DAM Specialist, Inst of Int'l Ed (NY)
- F/T - Library Director, Brookdale Comm Coll (NJ)
- F/T - Associate/Sr. Associate, NERA Econ Cons (NY)...
- Archives and Digital Assets Specialist, NYSE (NY)
- Digital Repository Developer, METRO (NY)
- Information Specialist - Financial (PRO LiBRA) (NY...
- Product Manager, Elsevier (NY)
- F/T - Research & Instr Lib I, Fairleigh Dickinson ...
- P/T - Library Svcs Manager (DTI) (NJ)
- F/T - Corporate Archivist, HSBC (NY)
- Business Process Analyst - KM, Novartis (NJ)
- News Indexing Analyst – German Job, Bloomberg (NJ)...
- Senior Research Analyst, Dentons (NY)
- F/T - Program Director, Bryant Library (NY)
- Online Research & Instr Librarian, Berkley Coll (N...
- Branch Manager, Newark Library (NJ)
- ▼ September (31)
- ► 2014 (470)
- ► 2013 (467)
- ► 2012 (315)
- ► 2011 (169)
- ► 2010 (235)
Tuesday, September 22, 2015