The Records and Archives (RA) Manager is responsible for implementing and managing a Foundation-wide records management program for all departments and offices. The RA Manager ensures appropriate protection of the Foundation’s archival and vital records and facilitates preservation and ongoing access to these records. This new position will provide expertise in and lead the implementation of a formal electronic records management system within the Foundation’s SharePoint repositories. S/he will advise on all phases of the life cycle of digital content with the aim of long-term retention and access.
S/he oversees the activities and operations of the Foundation’s records center, and manages the Foundation’s relationship with the Rockefeller Archive Center (RAC), which houses, preserves, and makes available for research the publicly accessible records of the Foundation. The RA Manager also supervises permanent records staff, temporary project staff, and consultants, as well as provides indirect supervision of IM staff working on special records-related projects.
• Master’s degree in information/library science, business administration, records management,
or related discipline
• Expertise in print and electronic records management systems and broad knowledge
of information management and organizational principles
• Seven to nine years professional working experience in records, archival, or information
management, preferably within a learning organization
• Experience should reflect progressively responsible programmatic and administrative roles
in print and electronic records and archives management
• Demonstrated experience with SharePoint 2007 and 2010
• Experience in defining and implementing an electronic records management system
• CRM designation
Salary is based on experience and on the Foundation’s commitment to internal equity. A generous benefits package is provided.