# of Openings Remaining: 1
Type: Full-Time Regular
Department: GRD, General Research Division
Reporting to the Managing Librarian of the General Research Division:
- Supports public service and technical activities in the General Research Division.
- Responds to inquiries at the public service points in the Rose Main Reading Room, the Bill Blass Public Catalog Room, and the Salomon Room.
- Assists users with reserving public internet workstations and laptops using Envisionware.
- Assists in troubleshooting of public workstations.
- Works in the Rose Main Reading Enclosure to accept requests for materials and deliver requested items to patrons.
- Assists the public with copy service needs.
- Serves as an assistant or instructor in the South Court Education Center teaching a variety of basic computer and library service courses.
- Performs related duties, including special projects, as required.
- High school diploma and relevant work experience in a research library or similar institution; some college experience or a Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Successfully demonstrated public service skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate well with staff and the public.
- Successfully demonstrated attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated reliability, flexibility and the ability to exercise sound judgment.
- Demonstrated computer and technology-related skills, including knowledge of electronic and internet resources and the library catalog.
- Experience with Rose Main Reading Room research collections preferred.