# of Openings Remaining: 1
Type: Full-Time Regular
Department: OP, Office of the President
External Overview: The New York Public Library seeks a senior Administrative Professional to partner with the President's Executive Assistant to provide support for the President and the Executive Suite.
- Attend Senior Management Group weekly meetings.
- Develop a process for resolving meeting action items and follow up coordination.
- Prioritize the work flow of the president's office resulting in the efficient running of the office and maximizing the President's time.
- Effectively manage the President's calendar using strong judgment to screen requests and to make proactive suggestions.
- Be creative in finding solutions by engaging the SMG members to resolve requests.
- Act as the main contact in the president's office for donor issues in coordination with the Vice President for Development.
- Prepare followup correspondence as required.
- Act as the main contact in the president's office for NYPL trustees.
- Coordinate resolution of issues working closely with the VicePresident for Development and/or the General Counsel.
- Coordinate the briefing materials for the President, proactively anticipating issues which require additional information.
- Prepare correspondence on a wide spectrum of topics for the president's signature.
- Manage the Office of the President's Budget.
- Build and maintain mutually supportive relationships with all levels of management, staff and outside contacts as instructed by the President.
- Facilitate the communications efforts of the President with the staff of the NYPL.
- BA degree required, advanced degree strongly preferred
- 10 years of experience in responsible and autonomous executive support positions
- Supervisory experience
- Experience working closely with senior staff, executive level colleagues, trustees
- Energetic, smart, and hands-on self starter with an ability to learn new things quickly
- Demonstrated track record to of efficiently and effectively handling organizational issues
- Must be able to exhibit diplomacy with all constituents and represent the transformation of the Library both internally and externally
- Demonstrated ability to succinctly translate and effectively communicate the potential impact of significant and complex issues
- Proven ability to proactively identify and lead the re-engineering of key work flows and processes within the president's office
- Demonstrated connection to the mission of New York Public Library