- Develop expert knowledge of Deloitte's business and problem/solution domain
- Define data, information and underlying technology (taxonomy/DB) roadmap
- Develop enterprise-level conceptual, logical and physical data models working in concert with the Data Management Group and sponsor consensus/approval
- Establish data/database architecture guiding principles and design goals; Socialize for acceptance
- Facilitate and review enterprise wide data dictionaries and taxonomies; again, working closely with the Data Management Group and other domain experts.
- Establish information models, data flows and data life-cycles throughout the enterprise architecture
- Analyze and specify standards based data exchange with 3rd parties (e.g., XML, XBRL, OData)
- Identify data integration opportunities
- Collaborate with Infrastructure Architects on taxonomy/database infrastructure specifications
- Evaluate, recommend and select taxonomy/database tools & utilities
- Establish formal policies and procedures for data model review and approval
- Identify and implement best practices, tools and standards (ER modeling, normalization, data security, etc)
- Manage data architecture, data quality, data standards and data structures
- Facilitate database performance, scale and availability activities
- Minimum of 10 years experience with information management technologies
- Proven background in the design and implementation of large scale and complex custom application development systems (e.g., transactional and data warehouse).
- Proven knowledge and hands-on experience modeling, designing, and developing MS SQL Server based databases. Experience with Oracle, Autonomy, Documentum and Active Directory is a plus.
Deloitte`s professionals are unified by a collaborative culture that fosters integrity, outstanding value to markets and clients, commitment to each other, and strength from diversity. They enjoy an environment strengthening corporate responsibility, building public trust, and making a positive impact in their communities.