Job Type: Information Technology
Base Pay: N/A
Required Education: Not Specified
Required Experience: Not Specified
Required Travel: None
Employee Type: Full-Time
Relocation Covered: Not Specified
Industry: Printing - Publishing
Job ID: 1203
Gannett Co., Inc Sports Media Group seeks an Information Architect who is responsible for taking business and functional stakeholder requirements and comparing them to the interests of the end user audience, to devise process flows and solutions that best fit the needs of the internal as well as the consumer-facing audience. These process flows will then be used in the creation of design comps and the architectual buildout of products.
Work with the Product Development team to create thorough, realistic plans that support organizational objectives.
Work with Sales and Editorial stakeholders to understand their business models and goals and help define strategy, content, and features for design of their web site, online and mobile products.
Define site architecture and navigation that serves as a blueprint of the site upon which all other aspects are built.
Create wireframes, site maps, schematics, process maps, feature lists, mockups, visual specification, working prototypes and other artifacts to describe the intended user experience.
Document process flows used for internal tools as well as consumer-facing products (web sites, mobile and tablet applications)
- BA or BS in the following: Graphic/Visual Arts, Library and Information Science, Computer Science, Human Computer Interaction, Information Sciences, Marketing, Industrial Design, Fine Arts, or a related area
- 2-10 years relevant work experience
- Experience working on large, complex sites
- Experience observing user research and translating user research into design decision
- Strong knowledge of web design (HCI, HTML, CSS)Strong knowledge of user interface design processes and methodology
- Working knowledge of User Centered Design Principles and Practices
- Exceptional communication skills
- Good leadership and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable in a fast-pace environment
- Knowledge of architecture-related software (Illustrator, Visio, Photoshop, SQL Server, MS Office, Acrobat, Dreamweaver)