Duration: Part-time contract position 20 hours/week for three months with possibility to extend contract.
Description: Product development group of an established healthcare marketing agency seeks a part-time contractor to work on a new tool to transform patient education. The contractor will help review and maintain the content library for HealthEd On Demand (www.healthedondemand.com) and report to the content director. This is an excellent opportunity for a college student studying communications, librarian sciences and/or health or life sciences to get hands-on experience in web publishing and product development while working a flexible schedule.
- Conduct an ongoing, systematic review of content library to ensure timeliness, accuracy and relevancy
- Implement the technical aspects of content strategy, including taxonomy maintenance and tagging
- Review content library against health literacy principles to determine which documents are “easy to read”
- Ensure that titles and source names follow house style and are free of errors
- Add new resources selected by a health educator, with accurate tagging and tracking mechanisms in place
- The ideal candidate will be working towards a bachelor’s degree in communication (Digital Media, Marketing, Journalism, or related field) or a Librarian Sciences degree, with a minor in health or life sciences.
- Should be familiar with best practices for writing, editing and web publishing. Must be able to quickly and accurately assess how well content meets audience needs and fits into an existing taxonomy.
- The ability to work methodically and organize vast amounts of content into logical groupings is absolutely necessary. Must have a very high attention to detail.
- Must be Web-savvy and fully fluent in online publishing. Should be comfortable learning and working with new tools, including a homegrown content management system. Familiarity with Microsoft Excel is a bonus.
- Excellent organizational skills. Self-directed and extremely detail-oriented.
HealthEd is an Equal Opportunity Employer