- Develop and implement strategic research goals by coordinating with the research team, Thomson Reuters corporate leadership and an advisory board to set research priorities and identify specific topics for investigation.
- Team and project management to develop an on-going program and schedule for research production; setting long- and short-term goals, establishing quality control guidelines, and ensuring timely delivery to market.
- Oversee budget for the research business, meeting revenue targets and managing expenses.
- Build and/or manage strategic partnerships and relationships with C-level executives in the large law firm segment and develop brand awareness among other key decision-makers in the market (i.e. practice group heads, partners, and law firm marketers or librarians).
- Build strong working relationships with senior internal stakeholders including the Senior VP of Thought Leadership & New Markets, to raise awareness of research activities and identify areas for collaboration and cross-pollination throughout the Thomson Reuters Legal business.
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- Previous experience building a research business and/or bringing new research products to market.
- Previous experience managing a team of researchers, preferably in private industry.
- Previous experience managing a budget.
- Must demonstrate strong leadership qualities, exceptional project management abilities, and organizational skills. Must be able to develop and manage a schedule of research and publication pipelines, featuring multiple ongoing projects of varying lengths and importance (i.e. surveys, white papers, in-depth reports, etc.).
- Strong communications skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with a team that is geographically dispersed. A strong candidate will be accustomed to using a variety of communication technologies, including social media, to manage his or her team. Must be comfortable developing working relationships with C-level executives, both at Thomson Reuters as well as its law firm clients.
- Must either (1) possess a solid understanding of the legal industry, particularly the large firm market in the U.S., or (2) demonstrate the ability to quickly learn the industry. Experience working for a large law firm, market research consultancy or vendor serving large law firms is a plus, but not required.
- Previous training and experience in standard qualitative and quantitative survey techniques, including crafting and administering online surveys or interview programs, data collection, statistical analyses, and survey report writing.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To Apply: https://toc.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?lang=en&job=705944&src=JB-10100
To learn more about what we offer, please visit careers.thomsonreuters.com.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.