Suffern Free Library, Suffern, NY
The Board of Trustees of the Suffern Free Library in Rockland County, New York, seeks a highly motivated, innovative professional to continue its commitment to quality public library service. The director will provide vision and direction and work collaboratively with the Board of Trustees, the staff and the community to further the mission of the Library by developing new opportunities for community involvement, staff development and forward-oriented library services.
About the Library:
The Library serves the Ramapo Central School District a community of 28,600. It is an architecturally award winning, 37,000 square foot building situated in a picturesque, suburban community 30 miles northwest of New York City, 12 miles west of the Hudson River, bordering Bergen County, NJ. The annual budget is in excess of $3 million with a staff of 52, (13 full-time).
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, communication and technological skills
- Ability to encourage staff development, full performance and high morale
- Able to maintain and enhance a welcoming and customer service oriented environment
- Experience working with diverse community
- Experience in budget development, financial management, human resources, and facilities management
- Spokesperson for the Library and its principal liaison to the community, government, media, and professional organizations
- Administer personnel policies and maintain personnel records according to accepted practices and legal requirements including recruiting, hiring, supervising and evaluating Library personnel
- Master’s degree in Library Science from an ALA-accredited institution
- Have or be eligible for a NYS Public Library Certification
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience, including at least 2 years administrative experience in a public library
- The starting Salary level $90,000+ commensurate with experience and qualifications
- The Library offers competitive health benefits and a 403(b) Benefit Plan
The Suffern Free Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to apply: please send a meaningful cover letter, resume, and three (3) professional references in confidence via U.S. mail to:
Library Board President
Suffern Free Library
210 Lafayette Ave.
Suffern, NY 10901
via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
No calls please.
Position will be available on or about September 1, 2012.
Closing Date: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.