|Job Title:||Web Services Librarian|
|Department:||Library and Information Services|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
M.L.I.S, or M.I.S from an ALA accredited school or a Master's degree in
computer science with a minimum of 2 years of library experience|
Demonstrated experience in graphic design using Photoshop and other editing software
Strong knowledge of both desktop and mobile web technologies, architecture and user interface design
Knowledge of SQL database management systems
Experience with content management systems such as Drupal
Working knowledge of metadata standards, such as Dublin Core
Familiar with CONTENTdm or other digital collection management software
Knowledge of authentication systems, such as EZProxy
Excellent written and oral communication
Awareness of emerging library technologies
Ability to multitask and balance priorities
Commitment to user-focused service
2-3 years of professional experience related to website development
|Job Description:||The S.C. Williams Library (www.stevens.edu/library)
at Stevens Institute of Technology-the Innovation University-is seeking
a web services librarian. The ideal candidate will be creative and
professional, with the ability to work both independently and
collaboratively in a friendly, customer-driven environment.
Stevens, located in the heart of Hoboken, NJ, is a premier private
coeducational institution with a focus on research, innovation and
entrepreneurship in science and technology. For more information about
Stevens, visit www.stevens.edu.|
Provide leadership and expertise in the management of the library website
Oversee the development and maintenance of the library website
Ensure that the website provides accurate information, easy navigation and effective user support
Ensure compliance with web/ADA standards, institute branding and security policies
Support library digital projects
Manage the mobile applications suite within the library environment
Evaluate, recommend and implement emerging technologies
Serve as a liaison to the online learning and IT departments
Interact with library staff to create and implement web-based library services
Work with distance learning staff to implement and manage current and future web interfaces and technologies
Collaborate with electronic resources librarian to provide access to electronic resources
Communicate with e-resource vendors and IT department to troubleshoot problems
Assess and test the website
Gather and analyze usage statistics related to the website and web-based services
Provide technical instruction and training to the library staff
Participate in library instruction to students and faculty
Participate in library and institute team meetings
Represent the library in local, regional and national meetings and committees
Stevens Institute of Technology offers an extensive benefit package
Interested candidates with the above qualifications should submit a cover letter, résumé, and the names of three professional references. Review of applications will begin immediately, and continue until the position is filled.
Click on a job that interests you, then scroll down to read the description.
- P/T - Adjunct Librarian/Liaison to HS of American ...
- F/T - Sr. Corp/Securities Researcher - NYC
- F/T - Manager Global Records and IM - Avon (NY)
- F/T - Research Services Manager - Weil Gotshal Man...
- F/T(temp) - Health Education Librarian - NYHospita...
- F/T - Strategic Initiatives Manager - METRO (NY)
- F/T - Records and eDiscovery Specialist - Wyndham ...
- F/T - Web Services Librarian - Stevens IT (NJ)
- F/T - Librarian, Virtual Services - NYIT (NY)
- F/T - Tech Services/Reference Librarian - SUNY Ora...
- F/T - Director, Library Content and Services - Ral...
- F/T (temp) - Content Tagging Positions - Scholasti...
- F/T - Intl Library and Outreach Comm Specialists -...
- F/T - Knowledge Services Change Mgmt Leader - KPMG...
- F/T - Intelligence Analyst - Ogilvy and Mather (NY...
- F/T - Busines Liaison Librarian - Penn State (PA)
- F/T - Librarian/Virtual Services - NYIT (Old Westb...
- F/T - Content Knowledge Information Architect - Ra...
- F/T - Content Strategist - LDS (NJ)
- F/T - Expert Global Librarian - Valesta (NJ)
- F/T - Librarian/Sociology and Psychology - NYU
- F/T - Information Specialist - Law Firm (NYC)
- F/T - Access Svcs Librarian - Manhattan College (B...
- F/T(temp) - Info Svcs Librarian - Manhattan Colleg...
- F/T - Content Mgmt Analyst - Start-up (NY)
- P/T - Research and Digital Svcs Librarian - US Cou...
- F/T - Senior Library Assistant - Ropes and Gray La...
- F/T - Instruction Librarian - CUNY College of Tech...
- F/T - Dir Library and Info Svcs - Human Capital Co...
- F/T - Tech Services Librarian - Horsham Township L...
- F/T - Web Services Librarian - Stevens IT (Hoboken...
- F/T - Librarian/Quickr Db - Synectics (Berlin, CT)...
- F/T - Analytical Services Manager - ALC (NY/NJ)
- F/T - Digital Librarian/Manager - Cigna (Hartford,...
- F/T (9.5 month contract) - Access Services Librari...
- ▼ May (35)
- ► 2011 (169)
- ► 2010 (236)