Not all functions listed below are performed by every Senior Library Assistant. Duties vary upon location and need for a particular office.
1. Oversee maintenance of continuations; train and supervise temporary filers; file materials as necessary to keep materials accurate and current.
2. Manage circulation process and compile monthly statistics.
3. Oversee print collection keeping materials organized and accessible; bring to manager’s attention need for weeding and shifts in materials.
4. Read shelves and update catalog records as necessary; aid in the preparation and conduct of library shifts and moves
5. Create serials records in library software according to system wide guidelines; create and manage distribution lists; troubleshoot and correct serials records.
6. Oversee serials check-in, claims and ordering of replacements.
7. Locate materials for clients in library collection and from other sources by consulting online catalogs, bibliographic sources, document providers and the Internet. Arrange interlibrary loans and document delivery from commercial sources; keep appropriate records; prepare invoices for payment
8. Provide research support by pulling cases and documents from online resources and answering reference questions under direction of Research Librarians.
9. Place orders for materials with vendors; track orders and receipts; and resolve issues with vendors, including returns and refunds; record appropriately in library software
10. Process and code invoices for Manager's review; enter data appropriately into Library software
11. Manage the issuance of passwords and password lists
12. Maintain and upload new site content to Research and Team Site at direction of Electronic Services Supervisor applying firm metadata and design standards
13. Assist in the dissemination of information about existing and new products to clients; improve presentation of information; this may include creation of videos, PowerPoint presentations, Quick Reference Guides or other training material
14. Under direction of Manager of Library Services, create and edit bibliographic records to department standards.
15. Perform library assistant duties when needed
16. Perform other work-related duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Bachelor's degree required.
• Three to five years of library experience in a paraprofessional role with at least one year of law library experience required.
• At least one of law library experience required.
• Familiarity with library procedures and basic reference skills.
• Excellent interpersonal, language and telephone skills.
• Prior experience with library automation software for serials control, circulation and cataloging.
• Proficiency with general office applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Familiarity with on-line research techniques including working knowledge of LexisNexis and Westlaw search tools, as well as proficiency with internet search tools such as Google
• Knowledge of web content management tools such as SharePoint highly desirable.
• Experience with Database tools such as Microsoft Access desirable.
• Familiarity with on-line research techniques, Internet, general office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access and Sharepoint or other web tools.
• Must be a self-starter who can work independently
• Must pay attention to details and have the ability to follow up and follow through.
• Ability to adapt to changes of technology, procedures, and job function.
• Ability to work well with other members of a team.
• Commitment to providing high-quality library service to all users; strong customer service focus.
• Ability to be flexible and maintain a professional manner in all situations.
Normal office environment and schedule.
The above is intended to describe the general content of, and requirements for, the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements.
Built on a foundation of over 140 years of dedication to forging strong client relationships, we represent interests across a broad spectrum of industries in corporate law and litigation matters. In addition, we offer counsel on labor and employment issues, tax and benefits, creditors' rights, and private client services. Our clients range in size from large to small companies and include financial institutions, government agencies, hospitals and health care organizations, colleges and universities, and families and individuals.