Purpose and Scope:
The mission of the Ralph Lauren Library is to collect and organize garments and items that have an enduring value to the Company and its designers. The Ralph Lauren Library serves to preserve and protect the Company’s history, and to provide an essential resource for the Company’s continuing creative and design excellence.
· Direct the work effort of the team by allocating resources and balancing the work effort to accomplish key priorities in supporting the mission of the library and larger goals of the Company.
· Oversee the process of authenticating, evaluating, and describing garments and related items in the Ralph Lauren Library’s Historical and Inspirational collections.
· Promote team productivity by providing a clear perspective on what can be accomplished by the team while looking continually for ways to optimize performance.
· Hold direct reports accountable for achieving goals; develop detailed plans with clear timelines and deliverables for the successful completion of projects/goals.
· Seek feedback by generating and analyzing reports.
· Plan and oversee the arrangement of the Ralph Lauren Library’s Historical and Inspirational collection in ways which are intuitive to the Company’s Design teams.
· Collaborate with the Design teams to manage the physical collections according to the Ralph Lauren Library’s operating principles, policies and procedures. Ensure that the library policies and procedures reflect the realities and needs of the collection, design teams, staff.
· Lead client relationships for the Historical and Inspirational areas of the Ralph Lauren Library; provide oversight and guidance to grow an outstanding customer service ethic. Build strong relationships with designers to ensure that the team is working cooperatively in support of Design’s goals.
· Identify and resolve problems related to workflow and customer service.
· Keep designers and library staff informed about the various work streams, history, and current activity related to the circulation of Historical and Inspirational garments and items.
· Ensure that the Library staff is informed about the various essential components and the required quality level of the work to preserve and grow the collections in credible ways.
· Maintain a network of industry contacts, as well as freelance and potential staff position candidates, who will support the mission of the Ralph Lauren Library.
7-10 years related industry experience in a library or design environment
5-7 years of management experience
Master’s Degree in Costume Studies or related degree preferred
Skills and Attributes:
Strong written skills
Strong interpersonal skills; works well in collaborative creative environments
Ability to interpret and deliver against Ralph Lauren standards
Strong organizational skills
Customer service sensibility
Ralph Lauren is an equal opportunity employer. We offer dynamic career opportunities with growth potential and a generous company discount.