Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Manages all aspects of the Technical Services Department (TS).
2. Online Cataloging and processing of all library materials including serials and electronic materials.
3. Plans and implements new software programs and services necessary for the efficient operation of the TS Department.
4. Thorough understanding of cataloging processes and software applications specifically OCLC, AACR2, LC Subject headings, and the Marc Format.
5. Awareness and understanding of metadata and archival cataloging standards.
6. Thorough understanding of the Aleph LMS and its component cataloging and collection management applications.
7. Responsible for departmental oversight of all collection management and library ordering activities including selection of appropriate materials, processing of materials, bindery, vendor contact and negotiation and budgetary oversight.
8. Responsible for serial control systems including e-materials.
9. Supervises, evaluates and trains all library staff assigned to the TS Department.
10. Collaborates with Librarian Team to implement new systems and technologies leading to improved library services within all departments.
11. Takes a lead role in coordinating collection development activities with the Librarian Team.
12. Develops and fosters collaborative relationships with departmental faculty to seek their professional expertise and participation in collection development.
13. Responsible for oversight of inventory and collection weeding activities.
14. Participate as member of library instruction team.
15. Participates in Information Commons Service Desk rotation, including weekend and evening hours.
16. Collaborates with Librarian Team in all Aleph Library Management Software implementation projects.
17. Participates in library assessment activities, taking a lead role in collection management assessments.
18. Prepares and justifies departmental planning and budget reports in accordance with the College planning priorities.
19. Consults with the Director of Library Services on a regular basis on issues relating to departmental services and needs.
20. Responsible for individual development as a professional librarian by continual reading and awareness of the literature of librarianship and developments within the library world by attendance at conferences, institutes, seminars, etc.
21. Expected as a member of the College Community to contribute service as required through committee work and departmental assignments. As a member of the full-time faculty is expected to attend all meetings, convocations and commencement exercises planned for the year.
22. All other related duties as assigned.
Education Required: Master’s degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited academic institution.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics:
• Experience at the college level or public library setting.
• Demonstrable cataloging, reference and supervisory skills.
• Experience teaching library instruction classes.
• Familiarity with an integrated library management system.
• Ability to effectively establish and maintain working relationship with supervising personnel, co-workers, all college employees and the public.
• Ability to manage multiple projects.
• Must be able to travel between the college’s two campuses and other sites.
• Bilingual Skills.
Deadline for Applying: June 1, 2012
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action College
Position starts Fall 2012