The Access Services Librarian will:
- Participate in an expanding information literacy program
- Teach introductory and advanced information literacy classes
- Engage in faculty outreach to promote the information literacy program
- Participate in the administration of the information literacy testing program
- Provide reference service on a rotating basis, including some evenings and weekends
- Manage Circulation and Media departments, print and electronic Reserves, public areas including building security
- ALA-accredited Masters Degree in Library Science
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Knowledge of and facility with instructional technology
- Knowledge of electronic information services
- Commitment to public service and enthusiasm for teaching
- Experience with library technology and Integrated Library Systems (preferably KOHA); electronic reserves using eRes. Management and supervisory experience in an academic setting beneficial.
- Faculty Status, 9-and-a-half-month contract. A second graduate degree is required for tenure.
4513 Manhattan College Parkway
Riverdale, New York 10471
Manhattan College is an independent Catholic coeducational institution in the Lasallian tradition, located in the Riverdale section of NYC. Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply. We are committed to a diverse college community. An AA/EO/M/F/D/V.