Classification: This is a tenure track position within the Law Library Faculty. The successful candidate must have the ability to meet the Law School’s requirements for promotion and tenure, including superior performance in job duties, commitment to professional service, and/or history of scholarly work.
Application Procedure: Please send a cover letter, resume, and the names of three professional references to: Radu Popa, Director of the Law Library and Assistant Dean for Library Services, New York University School of Law Library, 40 Washington Square South, Vanderbilt Hall Room 102, New York, New York 10012. Applications may also be sent via email (Radu.Popa@nyu.edu). The deadline for applications is June 21, 2013. The preferred starting date is September 1, 2013.
NYU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
- J.D., M.L.S., and one to two years law library reference experience required, academic environment preferred.
- Working knowledge required of two foreign languages in addition to English, with preference for French or Spanish, plus German or an Eastern European language.
- Dynamic and engaging public speaking style. Experience teaching legal research sources and strategies preferred.
- Experience in LibGuides and/or other web editing preferred.
- Knowledge of legal and interdisciplinary databases and print materials.
- Experience in analyzing complex reference questions and in locating and disseminating responsive information and materials.
- Demonstrated ability to learn on the job through a combination of peer instruction and self-study.
- Self-motivated and willing to work independently, as well as within a collaborative and collegial team of librarians.
- Interested in scholarly publication.
|NOTES:||Additional Salary Information: Salary: Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Excellent benefit package includes health and dental coverage, retirement plan, and tuition assistance for self and certain family members.|