BI Analyst, Considine Search – NY
Under the supervision of the RBI Director and BI Manager, works closely with our Business Development Department and firm personnel to coordinate and conduct specialized research and analysis of companies, industries, markets and competitors, using a comprehensive variety of print and online resources in the areas of business, industry and other subjects for marketing and business development.
- Research, analyze and prepare reports on a wide variety of company, business, industry, markets and/or competitor data to support the firm’s business development and strategic initiatives. Provide research assistance to lawyers to support practice or client-related projects as assigned.
- Assist in efforts to market the BI group’s service to firm personnel.
- Monitor news developments affecting the legal and other industries, key clients and other topics as assigned.
- Keep metrics on work completed for monthly and annual reports.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Requires advanced degree or some equivalent of education and experience with focus on market analysis and business intelligence/financial services and a minimum of three years of business/competitive intelligence research experience, with some knowledge of legal research a plus.
- Excellent research, analytical, written, interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge of market analysis/business/competitive intelligence print and electronic sources and marketing and business technical terms.
- Independent thinking, attention to detail and effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a collaborative environment.
- Solid understanding of data/information: how to organize it, how to model it, how to distill insights from it, and how to present it.
- Intellectual curiosity; ability to draw connections and understand the “why” as well as the “what” in the data and the ability to quickly synthesize information and facts.
- Advanced Excel skills (PivotTables at a minimum, VBA macros experience preferable)
- Familiarity using tools such as Pentaho BI or Tableau or Datazen or other BI visualization products.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple competing tasks and demands, provide high levels of customer service and maintain a professional demeanor under stress.
- Statistics coursework a plus.
On site during normal working hours and available when necessary before or after normal working hours to work at the firm in order to meet the demands of the job and the needs of the firm.
Ability to engage in off-site travel as required from time to time, in order to meet the demands of the job and the needs of the firm.