Click on a job that interests you, then scroll down to read the description.
- ► 2016 (200)
- Corporate Librarian, Davis Polk (NY)
- Legal Research Librarians (ProLiBRA) (NY)
- Adj Instructor-Info Lit, Bramson ORT Coll (NY)
- P/T - Direct Sales Rep, Dragonfly (Remote)
- Legal Business Research Mgr (Pro LiBRA) (PA)
- (Temp) Librarian (PRO LiBRA) (NJ)
- P/T - Wkend/Evening Lib, School of Visual Arts (NY...
- Research & Knowledge Mgmt Lib (Cl on For'n Rel'ns)...
- Data Specialist, Queens Library (NY)
- Content Manager, Voxgov (NY)
- Taxonomy & Metadata Sol'n Analyst (Techlink) (NY)
- F/T - Research Specialist, Akin Gump (NY)
- Interlibrary Loan Librarian, Hughes Hubbard (NY)
- F/T - Assoc Coord'r Metadata Svcs, Queens Lib (NY)...
- F/T - Corp Lib Spec't (2 positions), Skadden Arps ...
- F/T - Archivist, Nat'l Archives Records Adm (NY)
- P/T - Librarian, Berkeley College (NY)
- Digital Content Mgr, Achievement Network (Remote)
- P/T - Asst Librarian, NY School of Int Design (NY)...
- P/T - Ref/Instruction Librarian, Stony Brook U (NY...
- Information Specialist (Pro Libra) (NY)
- (Temp) Audiovisual Archivist, Rutgers U (NJ)
- F/T - Assoc Dir, Global Knowledge Ctr, Celgene (NJ...
- F/T - BI Analyst (Considine Search) (NY)
- ▼ October (24)
- ► 2014 (470)
- ► 2013 (467)
- ► 2012 (315)
- ► 2011 (169)
- ► 2010 (235)
Thursday, October 8, 2015
Job Title: Assistant Librarian (Part Time Position)
Position Overview: The New York School of Interior Design, an accredited, independent institution of higher education devoted entirely to the discipline of interior design and its related professions, seeks an individual to serve as an Assistant Librarian.
· Assist the Librarian with the operations of circulation and reference services and delivering library instruction sessions to NYSID students, faculty and staff; answer reference queries and help patrons locate items and resources in the library and archives, and through online databases
· Manage the day-to-day public services operations and supervise student workers during closing shifts and in the absence of the Librarian
· Assist the Librarian to manage the two materials libraries on the main campus and at the Graduate Center
· Assist the Librarian to coordinate the schedule and content of the Library’s instruction program.
· Working with other librarians, update the Library’s website and online subject guidelines on a regular basis to ensure the accuracy and currency of the information and content represented on those online platforms
· Resolve technical issues related to the Library’s online resources
· Working with other librarians, actively explore and implement new library/information technologies pertaining to the Library’s public and instructional services
· Perform tasks and projects related to the NYSID Archives & Special Collections on an as-needed basis
· Other duties, projects and activities as may become necessary
MLS from an ALA-accredited institution (candidates pursuing an MLS degree at an ALA-accredited institution will also be considered). Bachelors in art history, fine arts, design, or architecture preferred. Some circulation and reference experience in an academic and research library environment highly desirable. Experience using an integrated library system, particularly its circulation module, desirable. Proficiency in WordPress, LibGuides, Omeka, and other library and information technologies pertaining to library public and instructional services. Strong technical skills of evaluating and employing a variety of new Web tools, systems platforms, and social media channels to facilitate and promote library services and operations. Proficiency in MS Office Suite, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Excellent oral and written communication skills for lectures, presentations, and working with library/archives users and staff.
This is a 9-month assignment. 16 hours per week work schedule. Required to cover evening and/or weekend hours during the academic year.
New York School of Interior Design is an AA/EOE employer.
Submit resume including salary requirements to:
Human Resources Director
New York School of Interior Design
170 East 70th Street
New York, NY 10021
Or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org