Click on a job that interests you, then scroll down to read the description.
- ► 2016 (200)
- Corporate Librarian, Davis Polk (NY)
- Legal Research Librarians (ProLiBRA) (NY)
- Adj Instructor-Info Lit, Bramson ORT Coll (NY)
- P/T - Direct Sales Rep, Dragonfly (Remote)
- Legal Business Research Mgr (Pro LiBRA) (PA)
- (Temp) Librarian (PRO LiBRA) (NJ)
- P/T - Wkend/Evening Lib, School of Visual Arts (NY...
- Research & Knowledge Mgmt Lib (Cl on For'n Rel'ns)...
- Data Specialist, Queens Library (NY)
- Content Manager, Voxgov (NY)
- Taxonomy & Metadata Sol'n Analyst (Techlink) (NY)
- F/T - Research Specialist, Akin Gump (NY)
- Interlibrary Loan Librarian, Hughes Hubbard (NY)
- F/T - Assoc Coord'r Metadata Svcs, Queens Lib (NY)...
- F/T - Corp Lib Spec't (2 positions), Skadden Arps ...
- F/T - Archivist, Nat'l Archives Records Adm (NY)
- P/T - Librarian, Berkeley College (NY)
- Digital Content Mgr, Achievement Network (Remote)
- P/T - Asst Librarian, NY School of Int Design (NY)...
- P/T - Ref/Instruction Librarian, Stony Brook U (NY...
- Information Specialist (Pro Libra) (NY)
- (Temp) Audiovisual Archivist, Rutgers U (NJ)
- F/T - Assoc Dir, Global Knowledge Ctr, Celgene (NJ...
- F/T - BI Analyst (Considine Search) (NY)
- ▼ October (24)
- ► 2014 (470)
- ► 2013 (467)
- ► 2012 (315)
- ► 2011 (169)
- ► 2010 (235)
Tuesday, October 13, 2015
Job Title: Interlibrary Loan Librarian
Firm/Organization Name: Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
Employer Statement: Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP, a global law firm with over 350 attorneys and eight offices in NY, DC, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Miami, Tokyo, and Paris, has an opening for an Interlibrary Loan Librarian in its New York office.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Hughes Hubbard & Reed takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
The Interlibrary Loan Librarian is an entry level reference position where the successful candidate will work directly with attorneys and librarians to satisfy legal, business, and general information needs of attorneys and staff in a busy corporate law library.
The Interlibrary Loan Librarian will primarily be obtaining books and articles on a rush basis through a variety of information resources. Representative responsibilities include maintaining interlibrary loan records, handling basic reference questions, working with reference staff on requests, research and instruction in legal print collection, performing online searches in commercial databases and on the Internet, utilizing various document delivery services, and maintaining special library collections. The position may require other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, which are essential for daily correspondence with attorneys, library staff and outside vendors. Must be detail-oriented, able to prioritize and perform multiple tasks and follow through on all projects. Should be able to work independently as well as on team projects. Database search skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office applications are essential, along with excellent interpersonal skills.
This position is an excellent opportunity for an entry level person with a positive attitude and an interest in learning about researching, database searching, and law libraries.
Job & Educational Requirements: Applicants must be either a recent MLS graduate or currently enrolled in a graduate library school program with a minimum of 18 credits completed torwards the degree. Candidates who havesuccessfully completed a business reference course, legal reference course, or have law firm library work experience are preferred.
Contact information & Application Instructions:
Please send cover letter, resume, and references by email to:
Director of Library Services
Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
One Battery Park Plaza
New York, NY 10004
No phone calls please. We regret we will only be able to respond to those candidates that meet our criteria.