Associate Dir., Global Knowledge Center Ops, Celgene – NJ
Celgene, a global biopharmaceutical company, is seeking an Associate Director for its Global Knowledge Center Operations. This position is located in Berkeley Heights, NJ.
The (Assoc.) Director, Global Knowledge Center Operations oversees strategy execution, resourcing, and operational aspects of Celgene Global Knowledge Group function.
This position manages a team content procurement and systems management personnel and is accountable for meeting the information services needs of the global organization.
This role works closely with key cross-functional partners including regional affiliates, Medical Affairs, Business Development, and multiple elements of the R&D organization around the world and provides input and expertise in the development of Celgene Global Knowledge Group strategy, thereby supporting the global alignment, deployment, and integration of Celgene’s knowledge and information services.
- Accountable for the day-to-day management and operation of Celgene’s Global Knowledge Operations Team and related assets (e.g., virtual library, knowledge sharing portal sites); manages and supports a team of content procurement and systems management staff; responsible for optimizing and aligning the scope of services provided with the evolving information needs of the global Celgene teams.
- Responsible for strategy execution, resourcing, and operational aspects of Celgene Global Knowledge Group.
- Anticipate regulatory implications of emerging copyright laws and digital content management rules.
- High impact global decisions: In conjunction with Knowledge Group leadership, leads and directs interpretation of database management and search systems performance and communicates at senior level (CMA, GMA, Corporate) the impact of Celgene’s investment in technology as well as decisions or modifications to Celgene’s holdings of externally purchased content globally.
- Oversee the alignment of the information services function with Celgene’s businesses globally (EMEA, AsiaPac and Americas); communicate the impact external knowledge resources have with updated usage records/statistics and in support of Celgene’s global business. Be responsible for the assessment, evaluation, and implementation of applicable library standards and services.
- In partnership with counterparts in other regions, provide strategic input into Celgene’s evolving investment in information services assets (e.g., digital content, addressing increasing mobility needs) and partner with global stakeholders on enabling/aligning appropriate access to information and resources by the information specialists; participate in the global Knowledge Group Steering Committee.
- Promote Knowledge Group services to internal stakeholders globally.
- Provide input and expertise in the development and execution of Global Knowledge Group platform initiatives (Virtual Library, Media Monitoring, News Bulletins and Alerts, etc.) and in relation to Celgene’s internal and external data assets.
- Identify and participate in relevant stakeholder meetings supporting global Knowledge Group offerings.
- Keep leadership (within and outside CMA) abreast of new developments in the area of information services/management.
Leadership: Exhibits creativity and simplicity in problem-solving, transparency in communicating, and delivers results that are data-driven. Holds work to the highest of standards regarding quality, scientific rigor, and ethical standards. Be a people manager.
Decision-making: Independently manage short and long-term priorities according to established business needs, ability to prioritize projects and demonstrate subsequent time management. Innovative problem-solving and timely decision-making.
Stakeholder engagement: Ability to develop strong, strategically aligned interfaces with assigned stakeholder(s). Become a trusted advisor and assess the effectiveness of the engagement against stated objectives.
Business acumen: Carries out organizational strategy with a clear understanding of industry trends and market dynamics that drive the commercializability of Celgene’s research within the global markets.
Scientific expertise: Demonstrates strong scientific expertise in assigned therapeutic/business areas. Proficient in relevant medical and business knowledge, communicates knowledge proactively.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• Masters Degree in the biological, health, information, or library sciences from an accredited college/university or equivalent.
• Minimum of 8 years of experience in an information center setting with increasing management responsibility. Alternatively, BS Degree in the biological, health, or information sciences from an accredited college/university combined with 10 years experience in a pharmaceutical, academic, hospital, corporate or specialty library.
- Master’s Degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited program or equivalent.
- Proven track record of developing global strategic growth plans. Must be able to lead cross-functional and cross regional teams and deliver results in a matrix organization, preferably in the pharmaceutical sector.
- Knowledge of database management and search systems: integrated library systems, enterprise search systems, relational databases.
- Knowledge of library and information management; copyright laws.
- Knowledge of enterprise search and management systems including SharePoint
- Knowledge of digital content management
- Knowledge of web design
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem solving and technical trouble shooting skills