(PT/Remote) Direct Sales Representative, Dragonfly Sales and Marketing Consulting
Position Summary and General Description:The Direct Sales Representative will sell eJournal and eBook products published by Dragonfly clients. Representative will establish new license and subscription accounts and maintain and grow existing accounts. Accounts are academic, hospital, government and corporate libraries.
- Negotiate and close new and renewal business for products represented by Dragonfly.
- Understand client needs and requirements to uncover additional opportunities for sales.
- Foster existing customer relationships through telephone/email and possibly, site visits/conferences/presentations.
- Participate in weekly phone call with Vice President of Sales, communicate regularly with Dragonfly staff, and produce biweekly sales pipeline report to ensure sales growth, the development of new sales channels, customer satisfaction.
- Create presentations as needed that effectively communicate the value of products represented by Dragonfly.
- Stay abreast of library/scholarly publishing trends.
Job Requirements (minimum level of knowledge/skill [education/experience] needed to perform job):
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with minimum of two (2) years prior publishing sales experience preferred.
- Twenty (20) hour work week preferred.
- Strong sales skills with the ability to drive new sales and establish business relationships.
- Participate in complex contract negotiations and proposal development.
- Experience indicating an understanding of / or ability to quickly acquire in-depth knowledge of multiple product lines in support of the responsibilities outlined above.
- Proven ability to understand and effectively communicate with multiple functional groups.
- Proven track record of increasing year-to-year revenue growth in a sales environment.
- Ability to effectively react in dynamic, customer-facing situations.
- Knowledge of journal publishing in particular, library consortia and multi-site licensing strongly preferred.
- Solid understanding and previous experience in the Science, Technology and Medical (STM) publishing market preferred.
- Personable and detail-oriented with strong communication (written and oral), organizational and time management skills.
- Self-directed and motivated with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Competent computer skills in SalesForce, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook required.
Compensation and benefits
- Strong commission on all new and renewal sales.
- Additional commission for attaining defined sales targets.
- Flexible work hours.