Records and Information Management Analyst, Verizon – NJ
This position must have knowledge of applicable standards (DoD 5015.2, ISO 15489 and The Principles) best practices and whether Verizon complies with the requirements to assist with contract language recordkeeping requirements typical in government and international contracts.
This position uses a strategic view to insure the compliant and efficient control of records and information management including creation, use, retention and disposition. It is responsible for identification, development and implementation of policies, procedures and controls to manage active and inactive physical and electronic records such as achieved by the iRecords application for Verizon’s official physical records and with the annual records compliance event.
- Proposes, develops and/or implements methodologies for information and records management solutions.
- Provide advice to organizations regarding records inventory, data system utilization and functionality, records scheduling, and other records management issues.
- Assimilate information from various sources, analyzing existing processes, developing alternatives based on business process requirements to ensure data integrity is maintained.
- Develop efficiencies/process improvements.
- Supports project objectives through activities such as conducting interviews, gathering data, and developing recommendations in support of project objectives.
- Evaluates options in the context of project objectives and contributes to the implementation of strategic direction
- Responsible for providing leadership and vision to client and project teams and serves as a key facilitator between multiple teams to achieve objectives of complex efforts.
- Provides administrative management and reporting of the electronic data.
- Establishes and/or maintains authorized user list, record types, space management, retrieval profiles, standard reports, records disposition, user training, and other related administrative functions
- Acts as a liaison between user departments and the records center regarding searching for, retrieving, sending of boxes to offsite storage, and providing guidance on retention and disposition of physical records.
- Provides users training and guidance on the use of physical records inventory management tool to manage the offsite storage process
- Establishes and maintains cross-functional working relationships with key business partners
- Develops and implements project planning, status reporting, and scheduling
- CRM Certification Required (Institue of Certified Records Managers) Certified Records Manager. www.icrm.org
- Bachelor degree
- 5+ years experience in a professional level RIM role
- Strong understanding of legal and regulatory recordkeeping requirements, information life-cycle management and records management principles and applications.
- Proven ability to work in high exposure projects and large-scale initiatives and balance the ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Must be process and detail oriented
- Strong computer and technical skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Microsoft Project
- IGP Certification Desired (ARMA International) Information Governance Professional. www.arma.org/r2/igp-certification
- Master’s Degree
- Project/Program Management certification