Information Specialist (LAC Group) (NY)
The Information Specialist position will work with an established group of news researchers to research databases and provide responses to inquires on a wide range of news topics including politics, government, legislation, health, popular culture, and entertainment.
- Provide quick and accurate answers in a fast-paced environment with competing deadlines
- Demonstrate sound judgment in identifying and using authoritative sources for secondary research
- Search premium online databases including LexisNexis, Accurint, TLO, and PACER, as well as public records databases and government documents collections
- Conduct efficient Internet searches across public websites and social media platforms
- Maintain an awareness of and interest in domestic and international current events
- At least 1 year of experience in library or professional service organization. Previous experience in media or research is preferred.
- Experience with searching products from online research providers such as LexisNexis, Accurint, ProQuest, EBSCO, and Gale
- Experience with MS Office applications including Word and Outlook
- Master of Library & Information Science degree is strongly preferred. A Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, and the ability to work quickly and independently, as well as part of a team
- A strong interest and general knowledge of news and popular culture
- Excellent communication and project negotiation skills
- This is a full-time, onsite position that includes a regular evening shift each week. Occasional weekend and holiday hours may be required.