Publisher Content Coordinator
As the liaison between Publisher Relations and Content Management, the Publisher Content Coordinator plays an important role in the Portico ecosystem (Portico is the preservation service for digital scholarly materials). You will be the voice of Portico to staff at Portico publishers who are engaged in creating and disseminating content and a customer champion within Portico. You will use your knowledge to accurately characterize publishers’ content for the Portico teams responsible for preserving it and to help us improve our systems and practices.
Specific Objectives and Responsibilities
• Has primary responsibility for communicating with participating and potential Portico publishers on content-related issues; must be adept at developing and maintaining relationships with these content providers and conversant in matters related to electronic publishing (systems, files, formats, etc.)
• Coordinates sample and production content deliveries from publishers and ensures that content is successfully downloaded from designated locations (or offloaded from media), reviewed by technical staff in a timely manner, and scheduled for tool development and ingest
• Documents all information gathered related to publishers’ production processes, content types, submissions to Portico, etc. and shares with the Portico team
• Develops a deep understanding of digital publishing practices and Portico’s systems and tools to enable speedy problem reporting and resolution
• Writes tool requirements for the automated retrieval of content from publishers; works with Content Management to monitor ongoing content deliveries
• Conducts research and manages data entry to ensure that lists of participating publishers and committed content are accurately represented in internal databases and on the public website
• Leads activities related to access events, which includes coordinating across groups, tracking status, and researching and documenting titles being prepared for access
Skills, Experience, and Characteristics
• A Bachelor’s degree coupled with 3-5 years of electronic publishing (preferably of scholarly content), technical library, or electronic inventory management experience.
• A proven self-starter with the ability to work independently and with others to accomplish a goal.
• Exceptional organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects/assignments at varying stages of completion.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Experience with customer facing relationships.
• Technically savvy with the ability to easily learn to concepts and use new tools.
• Strong computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint, FTP, and databases.
• Knowledge of rich text markup languages, such as SGML and XML preferred.
• Interest and background in scholarly publishing, academic libraries, and digital technology.To apply: https://rew22.ultipro.com/ITH1000/JobBoard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*00FD33D6EB557D9E&__jbsrc=89ED2AB2-1318-4B5D-8B1A-7008AE60CA64