Librarian, Art and Architecture
New York Institute of Technology seeks a full time Librarian for its Art & Architecture Library. Reporting to the Director of Branch Services, the Librarian works as a member of a collaborative staff providing information and collection content services in support of the university's architecture, design and arts programs; provides reference, research and instructional services, both traditional and electronic; participates in faculty outreach; designs, delivers and assesses special and ongoing projects related to the collection and web-based projects; assists with circulation desk coverage, serials management and other library operations; identifies and promotes new digital resources and provides instructional services to students and faculty.
Candidates must possess an ALA accredited Master's degree in Library Science. In addition, a degree in art history or architecture along with university academic library experience is preferred, but will consider candidates with background or interest in the arts. The successful candidate is required to have competencies in a full range of print and electronic services in the arts and related areas along with excellent organizational/time management skills, and demonstrated commitment to providing excellent public services in a university academic environment.
Temporary FT/PT opportunity available during search which may lead to full time hire.
For immediate consideration, please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com. We will contact only those persons selected for further consideration. EOE
Originally posted on a library school listserv.
Click on a job that interests you, then scroll down to read the description.
- ► 2016 (142)
- ► 2015 (283)
- ► 2014 (470)
- ► 2013 (467)
- ► 2012 (315)
- ► 2011 (169)
- ► 2010 (235)
- F/T - Reference Librarian - CUNY City College
- F/T - Project Manager/Technical Lead - an Insuranc...
- F/T - Info Systems Solution Specialist - LexisNexi...
- F/T - Assistant Lib/Ref Assistant - Seyfarth Shaw
- F/T - Investigative/Legal Researcher - iVision Int...
- F/T - Content Mgmt Sys Lead Engineer - Kaplan
- F/T - Library Marketing Manager - Hachette Book Gr...
- F/T -Senior Librarian- Correctional Library Servic...
- F/T - Research Assistant - GLSEN
- F/T - Archivist/ Digital Librarian - Standard & Po...
- F/T - Information Services Technologist - Barnard ...
- F/T - Director, Digital Library & Media Mgm't - HB...
- F/T - Library Operations Coordinator - MTV
- F/T - Reference/Instruction librarian - Berkeley ...
- P/T - Cataloger - Julliard School
- Temporary FT/PT - Art & Architecture Lib - NYIT
- F/T - Senior Application Dev - Columbia University...
- F/T - Lib Western European Languages and Lit - Yal...
- Freelance - Facts On File
- F/T - Inside Sales Rep-Library Databases - HW Wils...
- F/T - Electronic Collections Librarian - Yale
- F/T - Software Implementation Specialist - firm in...
- F/T - Web Content/Data Specialist - ANA
- F/T - Metadata Librarian - CUNY
- F/T - Archivist/Librarian - TRAK Records
- F/T - Information Specialist Researcher - an int'l...
- F/T - Marketing Analyst Researcher - an Int'l 't L...
- F/T- Archivist & Records Manager - RAMSA
- F/T - Engineering Librarian - Columbia University
- F/T - ILS and Discovery Systems Specialist - NYU
- F/T - Taxonomy Manager - a website
- Consulting -Project Archivist -Explorers Club
- P/T - Records Analysts - NYCEDC
- ▼ August (33)
Saturday, August 15, 2009
Librarian, Art and Architecture