Standard & Poor's
Archivist/ Digital Librarian - 10464
Job Posting: 2009/07/14
Organization: Fixed Income & Risk Management Services - US-NY-New York
Corporate Brand Standard & Poor's
Standard & Poor's, a division of The McGraw-Hill Companies (NYSE:MHP), is the world's foremost provider of financial market intelligence, including independent credit ratings, indices, risk evaluation, investment research and data. With approximately 10,000 employees, including wholly owned affiliates, located in 24 countries. Standard & Poor's is an essential part of the world's financial infrastructure and has played a leading role for more than 140 years in providing investors with the independent benchmarks they need to feel more confident about their investment and financial decisions. For more information, visit http://www.standardandpoors.com.
The role of the New York based Archivist/Digital Librarian is to define and manage the criteria classification system, define the associated relationships among criteria versions, sections, related content (including S&P articles on criteria or referencing criteria), analytical model library, and future initiatives linking criteria. The librarian will manage controls for the Criteria Library and Criteria Process Management infrastructures support the necessary synchronization between multiple systems to ensure criteria project status, timely, accurate publishing, electronic storage, access, and retrieval. This individual will be responsible for ensuring that the electronic table of contents is current, accurate and available in the library and to the public.
•Developing and implementing assessment measures, analyzing and disseminating reports to meet compliance and criteria and quality management requirements.
•Arranging and helping to specify the archival of S&P Ratings Criteria and providing requirements for effective searching and update of the archival. Additional responsibilities.
•Managing and supporting the "ARC" database which provides the storage for the S&P Ratings Criteria.
•Participating in planning for indexing/version control/search.
•Working with the IT teams to redefine the UI into the archive, as well as serving as the Criteria Library liaison to the criteria organization and criteria operations.
•Responsible for inputting and retrieving criteria documents.
•Providing support to analysts and Editorial on a regular basis.
•Contribute to overall Data Strategy & Operations responsibilities
= Master's Degree in Library/Information Science from an ALA-accredited graduate program with a specialization in archives is required.
= Minimum of 3 years work experience
= Advanced experience with archives and records management methodologies
= Advanced communication skills (written and oral)
= Advanced problem solving and decision making skills
= Advanced multi-tasking skills/ ability to meet strict deadlines/ some project management skills are required
= Advanced group facilitation skills & ability to work well within the context of a team
= Advanced leadership skills
= Intermediate knowledge of financial information
= Understanding of database modeling/design/applications
= Understanding of Customer Support processes
= Breadth of international experience, including examining and integrating data across multiple markets is desired
= Knowledge of Ratings and Ratings Agencies a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
EEO We are an equal opportunity employer.
POSTING AND ONLINE APPLICATION: https://mh.taleo.net/careersection/10020//10020/jobsearch.ftl
Date Posted: 2009-08-12
Source: Employer Website
Originally posted on http://www.ischool.utexas.edu/jobweb
Click on a job that interests you, then scroll down to read the description.
- ► 2012 (315)
- ► 2011 (169)
- ► 2010 (236)
- F/T - Reference Librarian - CUNY City College
- F/T - Project Manager/Technical Lead - an Insuranc...
- F/T - Info Systems Solution Specialist - LexisNexi...
- F/T - Assistant Lib/Ref Assistant - Seyfarth Shaw
- F/T - Investigative/Legal Researcher - iVision Int...
- F/T - Content Mgmt Sys Lead Engineer - Kaplan
- F/T - Library Marketing Manager - Hachette Book Gr...
- F/T -Senior Librarian- Correctional Library Servic...
- F/T - Research Assistant - GLSEN
- F/T - Archivist/ Digital Librarian - Standard & Po...
- F/T - Information Services Technologist - Barnard ...
- F/T - Director, Digital Library & Media Mgm't - HB...
- F/T - Library Operations Coordinator - MTV
- F/T - Reference/Instruction librarian - Berkeley ...
- P/T - Cataloger - Julliard School
- Temporary FT/PT - Art & Architecture Lib - NYIT
- F/T - Senior Application Dev - Columbia University...
- F/T - Lib Western European Languages and Lit - Yal...
- Freelance - Facts On File
- F/T - Inside Sales Rep-Library Databases - HW Wils...
- F/T - Electronic Collections Librarian - Yale
- F/T - Software Implementation Specialist - firm in...
- F/T - Web Content/Data Specialist - ANA
- F/T - Metadata Librarian - CUNY
- F/T - Archivist/Librarian - TRAK Records
- F/T - Information Specialist Researcher - an int'l...
- F/T - Marketing Analyst Researcher - an Int'l 't L...
- F/T- Archivist & Records Manager - RAMSA
- F/T - Engineering Librarian - Columbia University
- F/T - ILS and Discovery Systems Specialist - NYU
- F/T - Taxonomy Manager - a website
- Consulting -Project Archivist -Explorers Club
- P/T - Records Analysts - NYCEDC
- ▼ August (33)
Sunday, August 16, 2009