Job Title HBO Director, Digital Library & Media Management
Industry Cable/Broadcast Television Networks
Film Production and Distribution
Television Program Production and Distribution
Location United States - New York - New York
Requisition # 111733BR
The Director, Digital Library & Media Management is responsible for development, administration and evolution of standards and procedures for the management of rich media assets (video, audio, and digital photos) with associated metadata in collaboration with HBO business units. This person will provide direction to a permanent HBO committee comprised of operating groups from all areas of HBO in order to define, implement and evolve metadata standards and related workflow requirements specific to HBO's business needs. He/she will create direction regarding archival, content management, encoding, cataloguing, transcoding and post production standards.
Reporting directly to the SVP of Studio, Broadcast Operations & Engineering, this position will work closely with the Director, Digital Media Information Technology, supporting HBOâ€™s digital asset management initiatives for clients across the company.
* Drive the definition and establishment of best practices for digitization, metadata, archival storage and defining cataloguing standards.
* With Technology Operations leadership, develop a content stewardship governance plan that is inclusive of stakeholder and user needs.
* Coordinate evolving business requirements for metadata standards related to searching and using related assets.
* Conduct research, evaluate and recommend various methodologies, standards, and software used in the creation of digital collections and their long-term preservation.
* Represent HBO as the liaison with suppliers, aggregators and third party licensees to ensure compliance with HBO metadata standards.
* Thorough experience with video asset encoding, metadata standards, media asset management and workflow systems
* Proficiency and prior experience in the analog to digital conversion process
* Knowledge of taxonomy development and management to support business workflows
* Well versed in and accomplished at developing and maintaining keyword libraries and video asset classification and search systems
* Familiarity with industry related committees and standards organizations
* Self-starter with proven ability to work with moderate to minimal supervision in a team-based environment
* Outstanding presentation abilities in order to facilitate the dissemination of metadata standards
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to express complex technical concepts effectively
* Well organized with the ability to effectively prioritize assignments
* Some familiarity with digital imaging and electronic publishing technologies: Content management, digital scanning, image editing, and web page design
* Undergrad degree in computer sciences, library or information sciences. Masters degree a plus.
* 5-8 Years of management experience in Digital Media Library Mgmt & associated technologies
* Thorough understanding of digital content standards, metadata and taxonomy
It's Not TV. It's HBO
Americaâ€™s most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour premium television services â€” HBO and Cinemax â€” to nearly 40 million U.S. subscribers. International joint ventures bring branded services to more than 50 countries around the world, and HBOâ€™s programming is sold into over 150 countries worldwide.
HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending and transportation reimbursement accounts, pension plan, tuition reimbursement, and cable reimbursement.
Click on a job that interests you, then scroll down to read the description.
- December (17)
- November (34)
- October (33)
- September (48)
- August (41)
- July (39)
- June (44)
- May (56)
- April (33)
- March (23)
- February (37)
- January (43)
- December (46)
- November (44)
- October (13)
- September (22)
- August (9)
- July (28)
- June (46)
- May (35)
- April (46)
- March (16)
- February (7)
- January (3)
- December (12)
- November (5)
- October (11)
- September (19)
- August (16)
- July (16)
- June (17)
- May (6)
- April (15)
- March (19)
- February (13)
- January (20)
- December (9)
- November (23)
- October (20)
- September (21)
- August (25)
- July (3)
- June (24)
- May (38)
- April (22)
- March (29)
- February (12)
- January (9)
- December (14)
- November (22)
- October (22)
- September (16)
- F/T - Reference Librarian - CUNY City College
- F/T - Project Manager/Technical Lead - an Insuranc...
- F/T - Info Systems Solution Specialist - LexisNexi...
- F/T - Assistant Lib/Ref Assistant - Seyfarth Shaw
- F/T - Investigative/Legal Researcher - iVision Int...
- F/T - Content Mgmt Sys Lead Engineer - Kaplan
- F/T - Library Marketing Manager - Hachette Book Gr...
- F/T -Senior Librarian- Correctional Library Servic...
- F/T - Research Assistant - GLSEN
- F/T - Archivist/ Digital Librarian - Standard & Po...
- F/T - Information Services Technologist - Barnard ...
- F/T - Director, Digital Library & Media Mgm't - HB...
- F/T - Library Operations Coordinator - MTV
- F/T - Reference/Instruction librarian - Berkeley ...
- P/T - Cataloger - Julliard School
- Temporary FT/PT - Art & Architecture Lib - NYIT
- F/T - Senior Application Dev - Columbia University...
- F/T - Lib Western European Languages and Lit - Yal...
- Freelance - Facts On File
- F/T - Inside Sales Rep-Library Databases - HW Wils...
- F/T - Electronic Collections Librarian - Yale
- F/T - Software Implementation Specialist - firm in...
- F/T - Web Content/Data Specialist - ANA
- F/T - Metadata Librarian - CUNY
- F/T - Archivist/Librarian - TRAK Records
- F/T - Information Specialist Researcher - an int'l...
- F/T - Marketing Analyst Researcher - an Int'l 't L...
- F/T- Archivist & Records Manager - RAMSA
- F/T - Engineering Librarian - Columbia University
- F/T - ILS and Discovery Systems Specialist - NYU
- F/T - Taxonomy Manager - a website
- Consulting -Project Archivist -Explorers Club
- P/T - Records Analysts - NYCEDC
- July (25)
- June (9)
- May (23)
- April (30)
- March (15)
Sunday, August 16, 2009
Job Title HBO Director, Digital Library & Media Management