Title: Library Operations Coordinator
Channel: MTV NETWORKS Department: LIBRARY SERVICES
Category: NON-EXEMPT Location: NEW YORK
•Responsible for the coordination and implementation of daily library work flow, including training and development of librarians and library temps in the areas of departmental policies, procedures, and the library archive database application in addition to the dissemination and oversight of work assignments.
•Responsible for the status reporting of departmental and employee performance and productivity.
•Acting as a point of contact between the department and the user community, answering questions, and performing reference and research assistance for library users.
•The coordination and assistance of library inventory management and circulation, material transfers, material records data-entry, dub requests, library maintenance and ongoing project work.
•Communication, handling and documentation of all library related shipments including inter-library transfers and third party archive storage facilities.
•The communication and implementation of procedures for restricted archive materials and library raw stock policies and procedures to MTVN user community and library personnel.
•Assistance in handling of on-air material traffic and issues in a timely responsible manner, keeping adequate communication with those involved, both inside and outside the department.
•Responsible for the maintenance and reporting of departmental statistics and records both for physical assets and raw stock distribution.
•Responsible for the processing, tracking and coordination of media raw stock requests into company database.
•The arrangement and distribution of raw stock to MTVN user community including the coordination of off site production shipments.
•The maintenance of raw stock inventory including the ordering of adequate raw stock to meet MTVN demands, creating P.O.’s, and reconciling orders when shipments arrive. •To coordinate and maintain the organization of the physical raw stock inventory in designated library storage areas.
1. Must have excellent analytical skills, show good judgment and be detail oriented. 2. Excellent computer skills with a working knowledge of Alias, Scheduall and PTS preferred.
3. Have knowledge of tape formats and the production process.
4. The ideal candidate will want a career in Library Services.
5. Must have excellent interpersonal, follow-through skills and communication skills (both verbal & written).
6. Must be able to multi-task and remain focused in a demanding environment, fast paced environment.
7. College degree is preferred or equivalent work experience is required; (Bachelor’s degree preferred-with an emphasis in Communications or Library Services).
Familiarity with MTV Networks programming is desired. Experience training peers and other staff members.
Originally posted on SimplyHired.
Click on a job that interests you, then scroll down to read the description.
- ► 2014 (350)
- ► 2013 (467)
- ► 2012 (315)
- ► 2011 (169)
- ► 2010 (235)
- F/T - Reference Librarian - CUNY City College
- F/T - Project Manager/Technical Lead - an Insuranc...
- F/T - Info Systems Solution Specialist - LexisNexi...
- F/T - Assistant Lib/Ref Assistant - Seyfarth Shaw
- F/T - Investigative/Legal Researcher - iVision Int...
- F/T - Content Mgmt Sys Lead Engineer - Kaplan
- F/T - Library Marketing Manager - Hachette Book Gr...
- F/T -Senior Librarian- Correctional Library Servic...
- F/T - Research Assistant - GLSEN
- F/T - Archivist/ Digital Librarian - Standard & Po...
- F/T - Information Services Technologist - Barnard ...
- F/T - Director, Digital Library & Media Mgm't - HB...
- F/T - Library Operations Coordinator - MTV
- F/T - Reference/Instruction librarian - Berkeley ...
- P/T - Cataloger - Julliard School
- Temporary FT/PT - Art & Architecture Lib - NYIT
- F/T - Senior Application Dev - Columbia University...
- F/T - Lib Western European Languages and Lit - Yal...
- Freelance - Facts On File
- F/T - Inside Sales Rep-Library Databases - HW Wils...
- F/T - Electronic Collections Librarian - Yale
- F/T - Software Implementation Specialist - firm in...
- F/T - Web Content/Data Specialist - ANA
- F/T - Metadata Librarian - CUNY
- F/T - Archivist/Librarian - TRAK Records
- F/T - Information Specialist Researcher - an int'l...
- F/T - Marketing Analyst Researcher - an Int'l 't L...
- F/T- Archivist & Records Manager - RAMSA
- F/T - Engineering Librarian - Columbia University
- F/T - ILS and Discovery Systems Specialist - NYU
- F/T - Taxonomy Manager - a website
- Consulting -Project Archivist -Explorers Club
- P/T - Records Analysts - NYCEDC
- ▼ August (33)
Sunday, August 16, 2009
Title: Library Operations Coordinator