Click on a job that interests you, then scroll down to read the description.
- December (8)
- November (34)
- October (33)
- September (48)
- August (41)
- July (39)
- June (44)
- May (56)
- April (33)
- March (23)
- February (37)
- January (43)
- December (46)
- November (44)
- October (13)
- September (22)
- August (9)
- July (28)
- June (46)
- May (35)
- April (46)
- March (16)
- February (7)
- January (3)
- December (12)
- November (5)
- October (11)
- September (19)
- August (16)
- July (16)
- June (17)
- May (6)
- April (15)
- March (19)
- February (13)
- January (20)
- December (9)
- November (23)
- October (20)
- September (21)
- August (25)
- July (3)
- June (24)
- May (38)
- April (22)
- F/T - Senior Reference Librarian - Morrison & Foer...
- F/T - Assistant Head Librarian, ISAW Library - New...
- F/T - Library Research Services Manager - DLA Pipe...
- F/T - Project Archivist - Princeton University
- P/T - Assistant Archivist - Mount Sinai Medical C...
- F/T - Assistant Director of Special Formats Proces...
- P/T - Digital Services Manager - American Museum o...
- F/T - User Services (Associate Librarian) - Memori...
- F/T - Director of Research and Information - JCC A...
- F/T - Librarian /School Media Specialist - NYPubli...
- P/T - Technologist C - Fashion Institute of Techn...
- F/T - Government Documents Librarian - CUNY, City ...
- P/T - Library Director - Valatie Free Library, Val...
- F/T - Librarian I - Woodstock Public Library
- F/T - Competitive Intelligence Research Associate ...
- F/T - Reference Librarian, Special Collections - P...
- F/T - Systems Manager - New York University
- F/T - Reference Librarian - Sonnenschein Nath & Ro...
- F/T - Director, Records Management Legal - Warner ...
- F/T - Electronic Resources Librarian - Winthrop Un...
- F/T - Library Manager - Ropes and Gray New York
- F/T - Search Analyst, Product Information - MSC In...
- P/T - Adjunct Law Librarian - CUNY School of Law
- F/T - Independent School Library Director - Northe...
- F/T - Data/Database Manager-Critiera Library - S a...
- P/T - Interlibrary Loan Assistants - CUNY Graduate...
- F/T - Technology Specialist - NYU-Digital Studio
- F/T - Emerging Technologies Librarian - St. Thomas...
- F/T - Public Services Librarian - Yeshiva Universi...
- February (12)
- January (9)
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Job Title: Manager Library Research Svcs
Area of Interest: Legal Support Services
Location: New York, NY
Req #: dlap-00000892a
DLA Piper, a leader in the practice of law worldwide, seeks a Library Research Services Manager with excellent project management, leadership and training skills to lead and direct national Research Services initiatives and provide the vision and leadership necessary to insure the all local Research Services functions operate cooperatively, consistently and with the greatest efficiency. Position may be located in either New York, Chicago, Palo Alto or Washington, DC.
Leads research related ' process improvement' initiatives. The Research Services Manager is expected to perform all job duties with a commitment to providing superior service to the lawyers, producing quality work product and maintaining an atmosphere of teamwork and continuous improvement. Above all, the Library Research Services Manager must fulfill the needs of the Firm in a manner that is consistent with the Firm's vision and values. This position reports to the Firm Director of Research Services and Libraries.
The ideal candidate will perform essential duties and responsibilities related to the following functions:
-Research Services and Products
-Staff Orientation and Training
In-depth knowledge of a wide range of print and digital legal, business, scientific and general information resources. Research and reference skills, including online searching of the Internet, legal and non-legal databases, Web-based services, etc. Ability to deal with contracts and licensing agreements and financial matters. Working knowledge of general and library-specific software, including integrated library systems, spreadsheets, and database management software. Willing to work after normal business hours and weekends when required.
MLS and/or JD degree required with a minimum of ten years progressively responsible professional library experience, including extensive reference, research and training experience. Minimum of five years management experience, including personnel supervision and administration of research services. Significant law library or professional service firm experience required and law firm experience strongly preferred. Expert knowledge of print and online legal and business research resources and methodologies. Expert knowledge of Lexis and Westlaw. Expert knowledge or ability to learn several of the following systems: Dialog, Bloomberg, Court Express, Courtlink, Pacer, D&B, Delphion. PLC.
To apply see original job post: https://sh.webhire.com/servlet/av/jd?ai=785&ji=2425080&sn=I