| Responsibilities |
•Provide library orientations & electronic services training for Legal staff when necessary.
•Assist Head Librarian with collection development and retention policies.
•Provide reports as requested.
•Acquire materials via ILL. and works closely with firm wide Library team and local Reference Assistant.
•Assist with other library duties as required.
•Provide general & in-depth reference services to Legal staff utilizing manual and computerized literature using the Firm’s resources and outside sources in a timely fashion.
•Conduct online research using printed materials, WESTLAW, LEXIS, LivEdgar, ChoicePoint, Accurint, Dun & Bradstreet, Dow Jones, Bloomberg and the Internet, CD-ROMs, and other information resources.
•Locate materials in outside collections for Inter Library Loans (ILL’s) when necessary.
•Orient new lawyers of Library services.
•Work closely with Head Librarian and Practice Groups for selection and collection development processes, ie; budgets.
•Keep Head Librarian informed of activities via weekly written reports and billable time entries via Elite.
•Consult with Head Librarian concerning all library issues.
•Work on special projects as assigned by Head Librarian.
•Route telephone calls to the appropriate person.
•Attend job related workshops and training sessions on site and out.
•Participate in professional organization
•Provide and receives cross training in other library functions and provides backup support as needed.
•Act as Library Liaison to assigned Practice Groups firm-wide, managing the group’s budget and advising the Practice Group Head regarding new and existing expenditures ie budgets.
|Experience and Qualifications|
| •MLS from an ALA-accredited institution.|
•Knowledge of legal online services, Microsoft Office (Word & Excel), internet searching, and experience with an automated cataloguing program are desirable.
•Ability to keep up with new materials, changes in resources and techniques, and shifts in information demands; resourcefulness in obtaining needed materials and information.
•Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills; willingness and ability to actively contribute to project teams as well as work alone.
•Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time well.
•Cheerful, friendly, and out-going demeanor; should be both creative and pragmatic; must display good judgment in decision-making and project management. Establishes and maintains an effective working relationship with people within the organization and out.
•Commitment to providing high-quality library service to a large group of demanding users in a fast-paced business environment.
•Must be team-oriented and able to share information, goals, opportunities, successes and failures with the appropriate parties.
•Ability to plan, organize and carry out multiple related activities.
•Ability to work in a multi-office environment.
•Must pay attention to details and have the ability to follow up and follow through.
See original post to apply: https://psoft9gw.sonnenschein.com/psp/SNRHPRD9/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?Page=HRS_CE_HM_PRE&Action=A&SiteID=1
Click on a job that interests you, then scroll down to read the description.
- ► 2015 (160)
- ► 2014 (470)
- ► 2013 (467)
- ► 2012 (315)
- ► 2011 (169)
- F/T - Senior Reference Librarian - Morrison & Foer...
- F/T - Assistant Head Librarian, ISAW Library - New...
- F/T - Library Research Services Manager - DLA Pipe...
- F/T - Project Archivist - Princeton University
- P/T - Assistant Archivist - Mount Sinai Medical C...
- F/T - Assistant Director of Special Formats Proces...
- P/T - Digital Services Manager - American Museum o...
- F/T - User Services (Associate Librarian) - Memori...
- F/T - Director of Research and Information - JCC A...
- F/T - Librarian /School Media Specialist - NYPubli...
- P/T - Technologist C - Fashion Institute of Techn...
- F/T - Government Documents Librarian - CUNY, City ...
- P/T - Library Director - Valatie Free Library, Val...
- F/T - Librarian I - Woodstock Public Library
- F/T - Competitive Intelligence Research Associate ...
- F/T - Reference Librarian, Special Collections - P...
- F/T - Systems Manager - New York University
- F/T - Reference Librarian - Sonnenschein Nath & Ro...
- F/T - Director, Records Management Legal - Warner ...
- F/T - Electronic Resources Librarian - Winthrop Un...
- F/T - Library Manager - Ropes and Gray New York
- F/T - Search Analyst, Product Information - MSC In...
- P/T - Adjunct Law Librarian - CUNY School of Law
- F/T - Independent School Library Director - Northe...
- F/T - Data/Database Manager-Critiera Library - S a...
- P/T - Interlibrary Loan Assistants - CUNY Graduate...
- F/T - Technology Specialist - NYU-Digital Studio
- F/T - Emerging Technologies Librarian - St. Thomas...
- F/T - Public Services Librarian - Yeshiva Universi...
- ▼ March (29)