Department: Public Affairs
Title: Temporary Photo Collection Manager
Employment Type: Part-Time
Grade Level: Hourly
Pay Range: $20 per hour
Reports To: Photographer
Schedule: 21 hours per week, between Monday and Friday
Hours: Between hours from 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
The Wildlife Conservation Society (WCS) Photo Services is seeking a highly motivated and organized individual for a part-time, 7-month temporary position (maternity leave hire) beginning October 2016.
Founded in 1895, WCS is committed to saving wildlife and wild places worldwide. This initiative is carried out through science, global conservation, education, and the management of the world’s largest system of urban wildlife parks, led by the flagship Bronx Zoo. WCS Photo Services documents this work through photography and manages and shares these photographic assets for use by WCS staff and external parties.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
• Organizing and cataloging WCS Photo Collection images on an internal server and in a digital asset management system
• Facilitating access to the digital asset management system for WCS staff
• Communicating with the digital asset management vendor regarding updates and changes to the system
• Fulfilling requests for WCS Photo Collection images, including external licensing requests
• Managing model releases and freelance photographer agreements
• Occasionally digitizing historical images
• Occasionally assisting on photo shoots
• Demonstrated professional experience managing digital images
• Substantial familiarity with Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Bridge
• Excellent attention to detail, ability to work both independently and under supervision; excellent verbal and written communication skills; and demonstrated ability to set priorities and meet strict deadlines
• Bachelor’s degree
• Masters of Library Science or similar degree
• Demonstrated experience working with a digital asset management system
• Familiarity with iView MediaPro
• Demonstrated professional experience with scanning photographic prints and negatives
• Bronx Zoo
Click on a job that interests you, then scroll down to read the description.
- Member Svcs Librarian, LI Lib Rscs Council (NY)
- P/T - Paid Archives Internship, Andrew Mellon Fdn ...
- Global Library & Knowledge Advisor (Pro Libra) (CT...
- Dir for Coll'ns and Resource Mgmt, Stony Brook U (...
- P/T - Temp Photo Coll'n Mgr, Wildlife Cons'n Soc (...
- F/T - Digital Project Archivist, Wildlife Cons'n S...
- F/T - Digital Collections Infrastructure Developer...
- P/T - Library Technician, Molloy College (NY)
- Media Specialist, Hempstead Pub Schools (NY)
- P/T Library Trainee, Syosset Pub Lib (NY)
- Assoc. Dean of Lib and Instr Serv, Empire State Co...
- Part-time Librarian, Bronxville Pub Lib(NY)
- Substitute Science Lib (Instr or Asst Prof), Lehma...
- Freelance Position in Electronic Pub, Infobase Lea...
- Associate Director & Medical Education Coordinator...
- ▼ July (15)
- ► 2015 (283)
- ► 2014 (470)
- ► 2013 (467)
- ► 2012 (315)
- ► 2011 (169)
- ► 2010 (235)
Wednesday, July 20, 2016
To apply, please click the following link: View details
Or search for “Temporary Photo Collections Manager” at http://www.wcs.org/about-us/careers