Member Services Librarian
Located in Bellport, the Long Island Library Resources Council (LILRC) is one of the nine library councils in the state of New York, with LILRC serving all of Nassau and Suffolk counties. LILRC aims to enhance access to information, encourage resource sharing, and promote library interests for all LILRC members.
POSITION OVERVIEW: Reporting to the Assistant Director, the Member Services Librarian is a full-time position that assists in meeting the mission of goals of the Council. The individual selected for this position will become an important team member, responsible for managing technology and providing technical support, collaborating on workshop development and other duties as assigned.
MLS from ALA-accredited library education program.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Demonstrated technology skills.
Awareness of and intellectual curiosity about new developments and trends in the library and information world.
Demonstrated teamwork, time management skills and customer service skills.
Experience with Windows computers and software/applications used in business and education, such as Microsoft Office products and Google Applications.
Confidence with technology and willingness to experiment with new tools or equipment.
A commitment to service and professional development.
Experience using OCLC CONTENTdm software.
Background in information technology.
Project management experience.
Grant writing experience.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Research, develops, implements, and promotes information & technology services, programs, and projects to serve members’ needs and expand membership.
Collaborate with LILRC staff to generate and plan learning opportunities and events pertaining to technology.
Provide technical support for LILRC’s Regional Digitization Project, Long Island Memories.
Travel: Attends professional programs, meetings, and events.
Other duties as assigned.
SALARY: Beginning salary of $45,000 per year and includes a generous benefit package.
APPLICATION DETAILS: To apply, please send a copy of your resume and cover letter along with any other material you would like to be considered part of your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Final candidates will be required to provide names and contact information for three references.
The deadline for submitting an application is August 31, 2016.
The Long Island Library Resources Council is an equal opportunity employer.
Click on a job that interests you, then scroll down to read the description.
- Member Svcs Librarian, LI Lib Rscs Council (NY)
- P/T - Paid Archives Internship, Andrew Mellon Fdn ...
- Global Library & Knowledge Advisor (Pro Libra) (CT...
- Dir for Coll'ns and Resource Mgmt, Stony Brook U (...
- P/T - Temp Photo Coll'n Mgr, Wildlife Cons'n Soc (...
- F/T - Digital Project Archivist, Wildlife Cons'n S...
- F/T - Digital Collections Infrastructure Developer...
- P/T - Library Technician, Molloy College (NY)
- Media Specialist, Hempstead Pub Schools (NY)
- P/T Library Trainee, Syosset Pub Lib (NY)
- Assoc. Dean of Lib and Instr Serv, Empire State Co...
- Part-time Librarian, Bronxville Pub Lib(NY)
- Substitute Science Lib (Instr or Asst Prof), Lehma...
- Freelance Position in Electronic Pub, Infobase Lea...
- Associate Director & Medical Education Coordinator...
- ▼ July (15)
- ► 2015 (283)
- ► 2014 (470)
- ► 2013 (467)
- ► 2012 (315)
- ► 2011 (169)
- ► 2010 (235)
Saturday, July 30, 2016
Member Services Librarian