Click on a job that interests you, then scroll down to read the description.
- Member Svcs Librarian, LI Lib Rscs Council (NY)
- P/T - Paid Archives Internship, Andrew Mellon Fdn ...
- Global Library & Knowledge Advisor (Pro Libra) (CT...
- Dir for Coll'ns and Resource Mgmt, Stony Brook U (...
- P/T - Temp Photo Coll'n Mgr, Wildlife Cons'n Soc (...
- F/T - Digital Project Archivist, Wildlife Cons'n S...
- F/T - Digital Collections Infrastructure Developer...
- P/T - Library Technician, Molloy College (NY)
- Media Specialist, Hempstead Pub Schools (NY)
- P/T Library Trainee, Syosset Pub Lib (NY)
- Assoc. Dean of Lib and Instr Serv, Empire State Co...
- Part-time Librarian, Bronxville Pub Lib(NY)
- Substitute Science Lib (Instr or Asst Prof), Lehma...
- Freelance Position in Electronic Pub, Infobase Lea...
- Associate Director & Medical Education Coordinator...
- ▼ July (15)
- ► 2015 (283)
- ► 2014 (470)
- ► 2013 (467)
- ► 2012 (315)
- ► 2011 (169)
- ► 2010 (235)
Wednesday, July 6, 2016
The Bronxville Public Library is seeking a part-time, enthusiastic and detail-oriented Librarian for both the Adult and Youth Services Departments. The Bronxville Library serves the cultural, educational, and community needs of the residents of Bronxville by providing high-quality materials, programs, and services in a welcoming and user-friendly environment.
Duties may include:
- Providing reference and reader’s advisory for adults and children and teenagers through grade 12.
- Planning and implementing programs for all ages.
- Assisting patrons with library resources including online databases.
- Assisting librarians with collection development and maintenance and ordering of materials.
- Flexibility and willingness to work in both departments on a scheduled or as-needed basis. May include evening and weekend shifts.
- Good knowledge of library science practices
- Ability to effectively use computer applications
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Working knowledge of e-books and e-learning
Minimum Training and Qualifications:
- MLS degree from an ALA accredited school. Courses in children’s literature and reference services a plus.
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence in public service and in serving patrons of all ages.
- Familiarity with MS Word, MS Publisher, and SirsiDynix preferred.
- Familiarity with WordPress a plus.
Please submit resume and cover letter to:
Gregory Wirszyla, Library Director
Bronxville Public Library
201 Pondfield Road
Bronxville, NY 10708
For Immediate Hire