Job Title: Associate Dean of Library and Instructional Services
· Company Name: EMPIRE STATE
· Location: Saratoga Springs, New York, United States, 12866
About Empire State College:
Empire State College was established in 1971 by Dr. Ernest Boyer as a distinctive statewide institution focused on innovative and nontraditional teaching and learning.
Empire State College is seeking a collaborative and pioneering leader to integrate and advance our library and information services with curriculum and instructional design. The Associate Dean for Library and Instructional Services is a newly created position at the college that will report directly to the Dean of Academic and Instructional Services. This is a college wide role that will promote the ongoing development of state-of-the-art library and instructional services for faculty and students.
- Provides leadership for library and instructional design services, including the virtual library, and curriculum and instructional design.
- Promotes collaboration among information services professionals, curriculum and instructional designers, and faculty to develop exceptional learning environments.
- Partners with the academic deans and associate deans to plan and implement the library and instructional design service needs of faculty and students.
- Collaborates with academic leadership, faculty, and colleagues to integrate library and instructional design resources to support learner-centered pedagogies.
- Works with academic deans and associate deans to provide seamless access for faculty and students to innovative library and instructional design services throughout the college.
- Partners with the Office of Decision Support to identify relevant emerging trends and to assess the effectiveness of library and instructional services.
- Collaborates with the Office of Sponsored Programs to pursue funding opportunities that support current and emerging trends that align with strategic priorities.
- Partners with Information Technology Services (ITS) to promote collaboration with educational technologists college wide and to leverage technology resources for learning.
- Applies effective methods for supervision and professional development of staff.
- Manages fiscal resources to include budget planning and ongoing review of library and instructional design resources in consultation with the Dean of Academic and Instructional Services.
- An earned doctorate from a regionally accredited U.S. university or comparable non-U.S. university.
- Minimum of three years of relevant higher education leadership experience, preferably in library or instructional design, including supervisory and budget experience.
- Proven successful development of library or instructional design initiatives to support faculty development and student academic success in such areas as information literacy, library services, and curriculum and instructional design in blended, online, and/or technology-mediated environments.
- Experience with blended and online modes for the design and delivery of library and instructional services.
- Experience in the assessment of library and instructional services and continuous process improvement.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to advancing diversity in higher education.
- Understanding of the regulatory environment of higher education.
- Ability to lead and develop staff distributed throughout the state.
- Experience in the development of successful grant proposals.
- Experience with institutions serving adult learners.
- This is a Management/Confidential position.
- Travel to Empire State College locations throughout New York is required, along with occasional evening and weekend obligations.
Applications Due by: Applications accepted until position is filled.
Empire State College is an EOE employer.
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE AFFIRMATIVE ACTION OFFICER AT (518) 587-2100. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (518) 587-2100, ext. 2800. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE SAFETY AND SECURITY WEBSITE AT http://www.esc.edu/safety-security
Posting Link: https://esc.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=73157