Click on a job that interests you, then scroll down to read the description.
- Member Svcs Librarian, LI Lib Rscs Council (NY)
- P/T - Paid Archives Internship, Andrew Mellon Fdn ...
- Global Library & Knowledge Advisor (Pro Libra) (CT...
- Dir for Coll'ns and Resource Mgmt, Stony Brook U (...
- P/T - Temp Photo Coll'n Mgr, Wildlife Cons'n Soc (...
- F/T - Digital Project Archivist, Wildlife Cons'n S...
- F/T - Digital Collections Infrastructure Developer...
- P/T - Library Technician, Molloy College (NY)
- Media Specialist, Hempstead Pub Schools (NY)
- P/T Library Trainee, Syosset Pub Lib (NY)
- Assoc. Dean of Lib and Instr Serv, Empire State Co...
- Part-time Librarian, Bronxville Pub Lib(NY)
- Substitute Science Lib (Instr or Asst Prof), Lehma...
- Freelance Position in Electronic Pub, Infobase Lea...
- Associate Director & Medical Education Coordinator...
- ▼ July (15)
- ► 2015 (283)
- ► 2014 (470)
- ► 2013 (467)
- ► 2012 (315)
- ► 2011 (169)
- ► 2010 (235)
Saturday, July 9, 2016
The Syosset Public Library is seeking a Library School student to fill a part-time Library Trainee position in our Adult Reference Department. The candidate must be a Nassau County resident and must have taken several of the core library school courses.
The trainee will be answering basic patron reference questions, providing computer training and assistance to patrons, performing database searches and other Reference Department functions as required. Therefore, candidates must be familiar with application software such as Microsoft Word and Excel, social media such as Facebook and Twitter and databases.
Candidates must be able to work some daytime hours (mutually agreed upon), at least one evening per week, alternating Saturdays and the occasional Sunday.
This position will provide students with practical library experience.
Interested students should send their resumes to Ed Goldberg, Head of Reference, Syosset Public Library, 225 South Oyster Bay Road, Syosset, NY 11791 or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.