- Responsible for all aspects of the management of a user-centered academic health sciences library, with emphasis on information and instructional services, information resources access, user support and outreach.
- Leads an innovative team in integrating technology, online and curriculum-based instruction, and evidence-based practice into liaison and outreach programs.
- Leads the development of information and outreach services that support the learning, teaching, patient care, and research activities of the primary clientele of RBHS served by the RWJ Library, with particular emphasis on RWJMS and the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences (GSBS) in Piscataway.
- Represents the libraries and serves as an active member on medical school committees (administrative and curriculum), Institutional Review Boards, and other groups which support medical education, house staff training, research support and patient care outcomes. Serves on committees, task forces, working groups of the Rutgers University Libraries, representing the health sciences.
- Maintains deep, current understanding of health sciences libraries collections, technologies and services and takes responsibility for insuring that the availability of such resources is communicated widely to constituents. Represents the health sciences libraries in professional organizations on statewide and national level.
Click on a job that interests you, then scroll down to read the description.
- Member Svcs Librarian, LI Lib Rscs Council (NY)
- P/T - Paid Archives Internship, Andrew Mellon Fdn ...
- Global Library & Knowledge Advisor (Pro Libra) (CT...
- Dir for Coll'ns and Resource Mgmt, Stony Brook U (...
- P/T - Temp Photo Coll'n Mgr, Wildlife Cons'n Soc (...
- F/T - Digital Project Archivist, Wildlife Cons'n S...
- F/T - Digital Collections Infrastructure Developer...
- P/T - Library Technician, Molloy College (NY)
- Media Specialist, Hempstead Pub Schools (NY)
- P/T Library Trainee, Syosset Pub Lib (NY)
- Assoc. Dean of Lib and Instr Serv, Empire State Co...
- Part-time Librarian, Bronxville Pub Lib(NY)
- Substitute Science Lib (Instr or Asst Prof), Lehma...
- Freelance Position in Electronic Pub, Infobase Lea...
- Associate Director & Medical Education Coordinator...
- ▼ July (15)
- ► 2015 (283)
- ► 2014 (470)
- ► 2013 (467)
- ► 2012 (315)
- ► 2011 (169)
- ► 2010 (235)
Friday, July 1, 2016
RUTGERS, THE STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW JERSEY – Rutgers University Libraries
Associate Director & Medical Education Coordinator
Robert Wood Johnson Library of the Health Sciences
New Brunswick, NJ
RESPONSIBILITIES: Administers the Robert Wood Johnson Library of the Health Sciences, providing academic support to the faculty, students and staff of the Robert Wood Johnson Medical School and the other New Brunswick and Piscataway-based Rutgers Biomedical Health Sciences (RBHS) academic, research and clinical programs. Manages all operations of the Library, provides budgetary control, personnel recruitment and supervision, with full responsibility for the library. Works in close coordination with the educational programs at RWJMS, and insures successful integration of library-based resources and services available to constituent groups. A key administrator of a very active Library serving RBHS, works collaboratively with the Assistant Vice President and Director of Health Sciences Libraries to meet RBHS Libraries goals and priorities.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
QUALIFICATIONS: Master’s degree in Library Science plus five (5) years of administrative/managerial experience in an academic library, preferably with health sciences experience. Candidate must possess strong communication skills, high degree of integrity, and the ability to work effectively with administrators, deans and faculty at all levels. Knowledge of how to accomplish and inspire superior performance in a unionized environment is preferred. Educational and scholarly credentials to warrant faculty appointment at one or more Rutgers Biomedical Health Sciences schools is strongly preferred.
SALARY RANGE: Starting at $86,358; Mid-point at $109,243
BENEFITS: Alternative benefits retirement plans, health and life insurance, prescription drug, dental plans, tuition remission, and sick and vacation leave.
LIBRARY PROFILE: The Rutgers University Libraries, comprising libraries on the University’s Camden, New Brunswick, Newark, and Health Sciences campuses in Newark & New Brunswick, all reporting to the Vice President for Information Services and University Librarian, operate as a unified library system with coordinated public, technical services, and collection development programs including digital initiatives and a pioneering institutional repository. The Libraries have a highly valued staff of about 300, who are committed to developing innovations in access services, information literacy, and digital initiatives. The Libraries operate with a budget of $32 million and have outstanding collections, especially in jazz and New Jerseyana. The Rutgers University Libraries hold membership in ARL, CRL, AAHSL, MLA, Lyrasis, Metro, NERL, and VALE, and use Sirsi Dynix and OCLC as primary bibliographic utilities, and a Fedora-based institutional repository. Rutgers is also an ADVANCE institution, one of a limited number of universities in receipt of NSF funds in support of our commitment to increase diversity and the participation and advancement of women in STEM disciplines. Rutgers University is a member of the Association of American Universities and is also a member of the Committee on Institutional Cooperation (CIC), the nation’s premier higher education consortium of top tier research institutions, composed of members of the Big Ten Conference plus the University of Chicago. With its major campus situated in downtown New Brunswick, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey is a comprehensive research institution with a wide variety of undergraduate, Masters and Ph.D. programs.
The Robert Wood Johnson Library of the Health Sciences, located in the heart of Robert Wood Johnson Medical School’s clinical campus in New Brunswick, serves the medical students across all four years, those in graduate medical education programs, and a broad range of faculty in the basic and clinical sciences. In addition, the library serves the academic, clinical, and research programs of the other RBHS schools in New Brunswick / Piscataway including the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, School of Public Health, School of Nursing and School of Pharmacy.
Rutgers University offers a competitive salary & comprehensive benefits package. Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. For more information, visit uhr.rutgers.edu
Interested applicants should apply for the position at the following link: https://jobs.rutgers.edu/postings/22671
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, military service or any other category protected by law. As an institution, we value diversity of background and opinion, and prohibit discrimination.