- Provides audiovisual library services support to DPI in the scope of Audiovisual Digitization Project;
- Identifies and prepares legacy materials for digitization and ingestion into the Media Assets Management System (MAMS) by researching various information sources for relevant material and cross-checking information with author offices as required;
- Liaise with UN staff and external digitization service providers to make sure the digitized items are properly delivered, labeled, complete, and has all minimum required metadata and checksum files as required;
- Keep records from analog and digital audiovisual asset management systems, ensuring that the audiovisual collection items are accurately catalogued and indexed;
- Support all tasks related to quality assurance of digitized records and related metadata to make sure they are complete, accurate and free of errors;
- Updates and further maintains internal databases and datasets related to the digitization project;
- Supports the maintenance of the AV Library website by uploading newly digitized items and metadata to the web using internal policies and procedures;
- Generates statistical and other reports related to the project status and deliverables, as required;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Click on a job that interests you, then scroll down to read the description.
- Library/Info Svcs Specialist (NYCHA thru Hagerty) ...
- Special Projects Librarian, Mem'l Sloan Kettering ...
- Marketing Technology Asst, Scholastic (NY)
- F/T - Archives Technician, Winthrop Gp (NY)
- Fellowship, METRO NY Library Council (NY)
- P/T - Hospital Library Svcs Program Mgr, METRO (NY...
- (Re-posting) Head of Health Sciences Lib, Stony Br...
- Sr. Info Specialist/RDS (Pro Libra) (CT)
- P/T - Librarian, Bryant Library (NY)
- (Temp) Audiovisual Library/Archive Asst, UN (NY)
- (Temp) Digital Audiovisual Librarian/Archivist, UN...
- Manager Research Service, Mars & Co (CT)
- P/T - Librarian, Amityville Public Lib (NY)
- (Temp) Records and Info Specialist, InOutsource (N...
- P/T - Eve & Wkend Circ Supervisor, NY Soc Lib (NY)...
- F/T - Info Svcs Assoc, Federal Reserve Bank NY (NY...
- P/T - Projects Coordinator, Em State Lib Network (...
- F/T - Junior Brand Researcher, Shareablee (NY)
- F/T - Project Archivist, Wildlife Cons'n Soc (NY)
- Head of Health Sciences Library, Stony Brook U (NY...
- Digital Projects Coordinator, Ctr for Puerto Rican...
- Assoc Dir & Medical Ed Coordinator, Rutgers U (NJ)...
- Research Editor, Dow Jones & Co. (NJ)
- ▼ April (23)
- ► 2015 (283)
- ► 2014 (470)
- ► 2013 (467)
- ► 2012 (315)
- ► 2011 (169)
- ► 2010 (235)
Tuesday, April 12, 2016
Temporary Assistant Position/Contractor
Information Management Assistant
Audiovisual Library/Archive – GS-4
Number of positions: 2
Timeline: 9 months
Starting date: April, 2016
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of the Multimedia Resources Unit of the Audio Visual Services Section, News and Media Division, Department of Public Information and within limits of delegated authority, the contractor is responsible for:
Professionalism: Knowledge of audiovisual library and archives processes and workflows (audio, video and film digitization, appraisal, selection, cataloguing, indexing, research on primary and secondary sources, search/discovery, digital preservation); basic knowledge of non-linear digital editing for audio and video; knowledge of best practices and procedures in digital media management and archives; commitment to implementing the goal of gender equality by ensuring the equal participation and full involvement of women and men in all aspects of work. Technology awareness: Keeps abreast of available technology; understands applicability and limitation of technology to the work of the office; actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks; shows willingness to learn new technology. Team work: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
Experience in media library, audiovisual library and archives, or related fields. Experience with audiovisual management systems and/or digital asset management systems is required. Experience in non-linear digital editing systems and workflows, as well as digital and analog audiovisual archiving formats and standards is required. Experience in audiovisual preservation is desirable. Experience in multimedia website maintenance is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools, specifically Excel Spreadsheet and MS/Access is required. Proficiency in other database management systems and multimedia web site maintenance, specifically with audio and video digital formats for the web, web-based distribution protocols (SFTP, FTP), and cloud storage services is desirable.
Interested candidates please provide as soon as possible the following document:
The UN Personal History Profile (PHP), UN cv format. The candidate must register in the UN Inspira System in order to get to the online PHP form:
Once the PHP is created/updated, please print the PDF form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org