Assoc. Dir. & Medical Education Coord.,Robert Wood Johnson Library of the Health Sciences(Rutgers University), New Brunswick, NJ
RESPONSIBILITIES: Administers the Robert Wood Johnson Library of the Health Sciences, providing academic support to the faculty, students and staff of the Robert Wood Johnson Medical School and the other New Brunswick and Piscataway-based Rutgers Biomedical Health Sciences (RBHS) academic, research and clinical programs. Manages all operations of the Library, provides budgetary control, personnel recruitment and supervision, with full responsibility for the library. Works in close coordination with the educational programs at RWJMS, and insures successful integration of library-based resources and services available to constituent groups. A key administrator of a very active Library serving RBHS, works collaboratively with the Assistant Vice President and Director of Health Sciences Libraries to meet RBHS Libraries goals and priorities.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Responsible for all aspects of the management of a user-centered academic health sciences library, with emphasis on information and instructional services, information resources access, user support and outreach.
- Leads an innovative team in integrating technology, online and curriculum-based instruction, and evidence-based practice into liaison and outreach programs.
- Leads the development of information and outreach services that support the learning, teaching, patient care, and research activities of the primary clientele of RBHS served by the RWJ Library, with particular emphasis on RWJMS and the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences (GSBS) in Piscataway.
- Represents the libraries and serves as an active member on medical school committees (administrative and curriculum), Institutional Review Boards, and other groups which support medical education, house staff training, research support and patient care outcomes. Serves on committees, task forces, working groups of the Rutgers University Libraries, representing the health sciences.
- Maintains deep, current understanding of health sciences libraries collections, technologies and services and takes responsibility for insuring that the availability of such resources is communicated widely to constituents. Represents the health sciences libraries in professional organizations on statewide and national level.
SALARY RANGE: Starting at $86,358; Mid-point at $109,243
BENEFITS: Alternative benefits retirement plans, health and life insurance, prescription drug, dental plans, tuition remission, and sick and vacation leave.
LIBRARY PROFILE: The Rutgers University Libraries, comprising libraries on the University’s Camden, New Brunswick, Newark, and Health Sciences campuses in Newark & New Brunswick, all reporting to the Vice President for Information Services and University Librarian, operate as a unified library system with coordinated public, technical services, and collection development programs including digital initiatives and a pioneering institutional repository. The Libraries have a highly valued staff of about 300, who are committed to developing innovations in access services, information literacy, and digital initiatives. The Libraries operate with a budget of $32 million and have outstanding collections.
The Robert Wood Johnson Library of the Health Sciences, located in the heart of Robert Wood Johnson Medical School’s clinical campus in New Brunswick, serves the medical students across all four years, those in graduate medical education programs, and a broad range of faculty in the basic and clinical sciences. In addition, the library serves the academic, clinical, and research programs of the other RBHS schools in New Brunswick / Piscataway including the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences, School of Public Health, School of Nursing and School of Pharmacy.
Rutgers University offers a competitive salary & comprehensive benefits package. Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V. For more information, visit uhr.rutgers.edu
Link: Interested applicants should apply for the position at the following https://jobs.rutgers.edu/postings/22671