The Winthrop Group has an immediate full-time opening for an Archives Technician who will assist experienced Winthrop archivists on client projects. The work requires a detail-oriented person with a commitment to accuracy and an ability to work efficiently and to collaborate easily with others. The anticipated start date for the position is in early May 2016.
Description: Tasks and Responsibilities
- inventorying and arranging documentation
- labeling archival folders
- accurate and detailed data entry
- undertaking quality control reviews
- Must be currently enrolled in or be a recent graduate of a MLS/MLIS or MA in History program, with a concentration in archives
- Familiarity with archival principles and methods
- Minimum of 6 months of experience in archival processing (working under the guidance of an experienced archivist)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Database experience and proficiency
Compensation based upon experience and qualifications.
Please submit a cover letter that provides information on your interest in and aspirations with regard to the archives profession, a resumé, a brief writing sample (preferably from a finding aid), and three references (including the name, title, postal and email addresses, and telephone number for each) to: Eunice Liu, Lead Archivist, at firstname.lastname@example.org.